PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day, Father's Day gifts

Nick Napier
01-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Hello, this is my first post, and like others I add my accolades to the content and people who visit here. This is a most excellent site to read straight forward, quality comments on laser related and other things. Thanks to you all for the information here. Since I have a laser (45 watt Epilog Helix) my church ask me to look into that perfect Mother's Day and Father's Day gift for Church members....(inexpensive and everone likes). Would anyone be willing to share some ideas for what I could do on my laser that meets that criteria.:confused:

Thanks Nick Napier

Nick Napier
01-28-2006, 12:46 PM
I mostly do silicone wrist bands. I would be more than willing to provide whatever asistance anyone needed along that line.

Nick Napier

Doug Jones
01-28-2006, 1:28 PM
Not familiar with laser equipment, but is laser portraits on a plaque doable?

Joe Pelonio
01-28-2006, 1:59 PM
Photos of the kids with their autographs on tile would be good, unfortunately it sound like it needs to be generic rather than personalized. Maybe get a few ideas from Hallmark (not suggestion copyright violation) and come up with your own card design for tile trivets. If you really want to go simple and inexpensive do the same kind of design on wooden refrigerator magnets

James A. Wolfe
01-29-2006, 12:58 AM
Nick,
Someone here suggested getting a CD from Berrybasket.com called "The Complete 6 CD Library", Part Number CDBL1. Retails for $64.95. I did and I'm very glad I did. Like you, I'm new to this light saber carpentry so coming up with ideas was proving tough. I've made a couple of things from this set already ( I got it Friday) and they are great. I've also thought of several projects using parts of their designs and changing them to fit my needs. Some plans will need to be modified if you want to do all the work with the laser but it's not too bad. I've decided to go for a "mixed media" approach and use my photon scrollsaw where it does the most good and resort to the regular tools where appropriate. I attached a couple of pictures. These are music boxes but they could just as easily be boxes, clocks or paperweights with a little tweaking.

Good luck,

Jim

Nick Napier
01-29-2006, 9:47 PM
Thanks to you all for your responses, please keep them coming. Mr Wolfe, I think I will take your advice and get the 6 set of cd's. You can't have too many patterns to work with.

Nick:D

James A. Wolfe
01-30-2006, 12:23 AM
Nick,
Be careful when you order the CD from BerryBasket. Once you open it, you'll start coming up with ways to use this part of a project and that part of another project and before you know it, you won't be getting any sleep. Like to chat more but there's this music box plan that could easily be turned into a clock.....

;)

Jim

John Minton
01-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Nick

Hello I have been making bookmarks for my church. With & without names. Matl. is not exp. you can setup and run a whole sheet. I put the church logo and maybe a verse.

John

Barbara Buhse
01-30-2006, 8:13 PM
Nick,
I am currently working on some spring projects.. among which include engraved garden markers with packets of seeds included...I think epilog's sample club may have a simple garden marker design (I will post mine here to share when they are done) and mine will be accompanied by a seed packet matching the marker, and packaged in a terra cotta pot (I thought maybe three marker/seeds to a pot).

My most popular item seems to be an engraved photo album (which I buy from laserbits) and these can be custom engraved, or generically engraved.

Barbara