PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Use Sanding Mops?

markus shaffer
07-22-2003, 2:10 PM
I made some ogee bracket feet for the first time a couple days ago. Having cut the coves and the rest of the profile on the tablesaw, I ended up needing to sand quite a bit to clean it up. As I was delicately sanding with a ROS, I thought to myself, "havn't I seen an easier way to do this somewhere?" After digging through my pile of catalogs, I found these sanding mops sold by Klingspore. Two different models, one for the drill press and another for a motor arbor. I've got a fairly new motor laying around, so I was thinking I might just dedicate it to contour sanding. Any thoughts or recommendations anyone might have would be appreciated.

-markus

Bobby Hatfield
07-22-2003, 5:10 PM
I made some ogee bracket feet for the first time a couple days ago. Having cut the coves and the rest of the profile on the tablesaw, I ended up needing to sand quite a bit to clean it up. As I was delicately sanding with a ROS, I thought to myself, "havn't I seen an easier way to do this somewhere?" After digging through my pile of catalogs, I found these sanding mops sold by Klingspore. Two different models, one for the drill press and another for a motor arbor. I've got a fairly new motor laying around, so I was thinking I might just dedicate it to contour sanding. Any thoughts or recommendations anyone might have would be appreciated.

-markus

Markus get the thickest mops available, make hardboard washers to hold the mops smaller in width to keep from sanding out detail on the moulding and make a jig to slide the part across the mop for best results.

Carl Eyman
07-22-2003, 6:32 PM
I use the mini mops from Klingspor for sanding the ball and claw feet I've been carving. Different application, but might be helpful info. Carl