PDA

View Full Version : so suddenly, anything Chinese on my computer is being flagged as a virus, AGHHH

Kev Williams
02-18-2023, 11:12 PM
I guess it may have to do with some certain balloons in the news of late? All frign day my PandaDome AV has been flagging files in my stored files to do with my Chinese machines and the software that runs them... And as I'm typing this it's getting ridiculous, it just flagged my WinXP service-pack 3 files??

And now it's continually flagging all my Quickbooks program files!

As for the XP virus above, the computer it flagged hasn't even been online for nearly a year now, it's used mostly as a 'server', there are some old files on it, and it's only other purpose is as a 'print server', aka a computer to plug one of my many machines into. All of the files/folders it's been flagging are many years old-

And just now, this:
-This is a copy of a CD I made like in 1997, a tutorial disk about running a Gravograph V3400 engraving machine- again, the "Emac2" computer isn't even online! AND, Gravograph machines are built in France, have nothing to do with China, so....??? This is ridiculous...

All my computers are on my network, but only a few have internet access...

Lee Schierer
02-19-2023, 7:19 AM
Have you considered contacting PandaDome AV about the problem?

Dwayne Watt
02-19-2023, 8:54 AM
Perhaps you have contracted a virus which pretends to be PandaDome that is infecting your local network?.

Bill George
02-19-2023, 11:04 AM
Perhaps you have contracted a virus which pretends to be PandaDome that is infecting your local network?.

Ditto that is what is sounds like.