PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
02-15-2023, 6:11 PM
13 Feb 2023

Greetings,
Yes, I'm really late this week. Currently oncall for the day job and trying to get several other things done. Seems unlikely at this time as I'm also helping The LOML with her college homework. I just need to get her through this last semester and then she will graduate. What a road this has been, but it's been a good one overall. I'm really proud of her.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.

Jim Becker
02-15-2023, 7:28 PM
Sounds like things are very busy at the Peacock estate, Dennis. :) Dodging tornadoes again, I suspect, too.

More of the same here...various shop projects as I fine tune things and prepare to get started on "real projects" soon. All (err...most) of my lumber is now in the shop. I did need to leave the poplar in the tent and will likely have to keep some other things in there, too, due to space considerations. I'm currently working on a small compartmented cart to handle the longer shorts which will free up more space in the lumber rack for full size lumber. Finished up a mobile cart for my turning tools; finished up the "tool wall", more or less; got rid of some dreck and put together a more compact stand for the miter saw since I use it so infrequently. There will be threads about some of those things coming.

Paul F Franklin
02-15-2023, 8:58 PM
My tissue box covers are complete except for applying some danish oil and then wax. I experimented with various finishes from shellac to endurovar to a couple of Target varieties and also GF High performance. I liked the danish oil/wax combo the best as it really shows off the figure in the sycamore. I spent a couple of days setting up a Supermax 16-32 drum sander that I picked up last Thursday. Considered the 19-38 but the smaller machine is fine for most everything I do and I really like the integrated DRO and the quick height adjust lever. Had to move a few things around and do some more cleaning to make a good place for it. I've got power and dust collection hooked up but have been waiting for a Grizzly mobile base to arrive before doing the final adjustments. The base showed up today so I'm good to go. I have some minor surgery tomorrow but then will oil up the tissue box covers and get moving on the stacking in/out trays for our desks.