PDA

View Full Version : Wanna scare the fertilizer outta yourself?

Howard Rosenberg
02-14-2023, 8:14 PM
The 1:50 minute mark - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDA33hUM-kE

My stomach just about folds up in knots .....

Rob Sack
02-14-2023, 10:05 PM
I love how the rip blade is so high above the work pieces, not to mention being used for crosscut. At least chip clearance isn't a problem.

glenn bradley
02-15-2023, 12:23 AM
What-the-who-da-how-da-jumpin-bingo!!!

And when he gets cut it will be another tablesaw "accident". Sheesh! If I drive my car into a bridge abutment that is not an "accident".

Doug Garson
02-15-2023, 12:23 AM
Not sure what is more amazing, that he still has all his fingers or that he thinks this video should be posted. Obviuosly none of the filters on Youtube are designed to screen out dangerous woodworking videos. The video even has 139 likes, yikes.

Cameron Wood
02-15-2023, 12:28 AM
As it says in the comments:

Bon travail mais ...ATTENTION LES DOIGTS ! https://lh3-dz.googleusercontent.com/OhBw01gTLTGAuk2zRq9ls48AO1jcMQA_bIW8CdF-hROGXtKi7CYLU4EUI68JpztTX0mvNg=w48-h48-c-k-nd

Patty Hann
02-15-2023, 1:15 AM
I went right to 1:50... omg :eek:...I could only watch about 3 seconds before I almost lost my dinner (I had just eaten).

Rob Luter
02-15-2023, 6:22 AM
Not...taking...the...bait...

Lee Schierer
02-15-2023, 8:03 AM
The 1:50 minute mark - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDA33hUM-kE

My stomach just about folds up in knots .....

He does something even dumber at the 3:50 point in the video.

William Hodge
02-15-2023, 8:04 AM
That video is brutal. Seeing that hand holding the stock on a semi sled and doing whatever with fingertips was no big deal, just fingers that could go whoop whoop whoop.

But the wedding ring. PTSD comes flooding back, bad life altering decisions I have made, lies I have been told, lies that I told, money I wasted, the children I brought into this world that can not be put back, the bouquet toss that landed in a brides maid's eye causing her to lose her eye, right there on the dance floor, for everyone to see, but her, she had just lost an eye, but the band played on. The night I left in a huff because her "friend from work" was too friendly, I gave him a bloody nose, and she put all my green Festool stuff on Craig's list "Free Tonight!!!" gone gone gone.

Bernie Kopfer
02-15-2023, 11:20 AM
But the wedding ring. PTSD comes flooding back, bad life altering decisions I have made, lies I have been told, lies that I told, money I wasted, the children I brought into this world that can not be put back, the bouquet toss that landed in a brides maid's eye causing her to lose her eye, right there on the dance floor, for everyone to see, but her, she had just lost an eye, but the band played on. The night I left in a huff because her "friend from work" was too friendly, I gave him a bloody nose, and she put all my green Festool stuff on Craig's list "Free Tonight!!!" gone gone gone.

Gee Warren, I’m sorry that marriage has been hard on you, particularly the loss of your green tools! But you are among friends here so your venting hopefully will be accepted and therapeutic for you.

John Kananis
02-15-2023, 11:57 AM
How does that guy have any fingers left? Downright irresponsible to post something like that. I mean, common sense should prevent a novice from trying something like that but then (some) folks think, well he did it so... and yes, 3:50 was even worse than 1:50.

Rick Potter
02-15-2023, 1:13 PM
I don't normally comment on YT, but this was an exception.

William Hodge
02-15-2023, 1:33 PM
Gee Warren, I’m sorry that marriage has been hard on you, particularly the loss of your green tools! But you are among friends here so your venting hopefully will be accepted and therapeutic for you.

More inventing than venting.

I have worked in shops for many years. Seeing people do dangerous stupid stuff requires an intentionally relaxed attitude. The hardest part is not saying "I told you so!" when someone makes a mess out of their hands, after years of stunt cuts. I was the one that kept the first aid kit stocked. People don't bleed out from a finger off, as far as I know. These wood shop videos look bad, but it's nothing compared to what soldiers dealt with all the time in Iraq and Afghanistan. So, don't get anxious when people make videos of stunt cuts, it's just a shop, they are making bad choices.

John Kananis
02-15-2023, 1:41 PM
How can you make a comparison between service men and women in a hazardous environment and a piece of media that will potentially hurt a viewer? What he's doing is just nuts and there's only a matter of time until he has an accident. Thereafter, his media will still be available on yt...

Justin Rapp
02-15-2023, 1:58 PM
Being that people use youtube to learn, someone might follow suit and lose a finger or get kickback. I reported this post to youtube with comments as the the dangers involved in this video.

Howard Rosenberg
02-15-2023, 3:04 PM
I’m going to suspect he's "self-taught."

I’ve done consulting work in Turkey - right after they announced their version of "the end of martial law.”

Very agreeable people who rarely had safety provisions in place - they’d nod and smile and just go back to doing what they’d been doing.

John TenEyck
02-15-2023, 4:15 PM
Even though you said it was bad, I wasn't prepared to see that level of stupidity, twice over. To his credit, that guy must be very focused when he does that as he still has all his digits. For now. I noticed there was no guard on the back of the sled either, but why would I think there would be.

John

Alan Rutherford
02-15-2023, 4:39 PM
...I’ve done consulting work in Turkey - right after they announced their version of "the end of martial law.”..

Did you notice what language the title of that YT video is in? ("Ahşap pergel yapımı / Making wooden compass")

Warren Lake
02-15-2023, 4:52 PM
only watched a bit, what I saw shot at an angle so you cant see how close he is. Hes trying to get a rise out of you like cabinet girl or whatever those you tubes were called.

If you want to take something different out of that that has value that is don't pull your material back across a cutter, any cutter, saw shaper whatever. You see people do that all the time. The material has been machined, its done and past the cutter other side remove it. Not the most obvious thing to comment on but a good time to mention it again, in this case even more so with all else going on.

Doug Garson
02-15-2023, 5:07 PM
Did you notice what language the title of that YT video is in? ("Ahşap pergel yapımı / Making wooden compass")
I thought it was how to use your tablesaw to give yourself a mamicure. :cool:

Warren Lake
02-15-2023, 5:34 PM
manicures are best done on the edge sander

Doug Garson
02-15-2023, 5:57 PM
manicures are best done on the edge sander
What grit do you use? :confused:

Warren Lake
02-15-2023, 6:22 PM
Depends. If its been a high crime week ill likely use 80 grit. Then I can do my nails and if the Mounties show up I have no finger prints.

Alan Kalker
02-15-2023, 9:06 PM
Another case where you are left just shaking your head and sarcastically asking What could possibly go wrong? Yikes.

Howard Rosenberg
02-15-2023, 10:44 PM

Yes, that's Turkish - they used Arabic lettering until they lost the Ottoman Empire because of WWI. It was their modernizing influence, Kemal Ataturk, who moved the whole language onto English letters.

They use letters with little tails for complex sounds rather than combine letters as we do. For example, the word above, Ahşap, is pronounced Ashap with a soft "A" similar to Persian.

Rich Engelhardt
02-16-2023, 7:58 AM
The guy should do a series of videos titled "A boy and his Bosch". Where he shows all the different tools you can make using a Bosch GKS 190.

In this one he makes himself a miter saw out of a hinge and some scraps of melamine covered particle board (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTzDM-bRy88&list=PLyvQPbLewTeeVC_TAGVc4EupyQMlW32jN&index=3).

In this one he makes the actual "table saw" shown in the above video. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5YISUURS_8&list=PLyvQPbLewTeeVC_TAGVc4EupyQMlW32jN&index=8&t=221s)

Maybe if his fingers hold out he can make himself a track saw and/or a radial arm saw.

Edward Weber
02-16-2023, 11:29 AM
Fist of all, thanks for the queasy feeling in my stomach .
This is exactly why YT is not good for woodworking overall.
As it's been mentioned, someone will watch this, mimic it and get hurt, it did get 141 likes after all.
I disagree that he's self taught because he hasn't learned anything, must have a bad teacher.

Unfortunately, it's easier to find this type of video than it is to find an Ishitani or Mr Chickadee.

Bill Dufour
02-17-2023, 12:31 AM
When I saw the ring I thought he is wearing it so others will recognize his finger when they are sweeping up after the ambulance leaves. Give it to his wife or child as a memento.
BilL D