PDA

View Full Version : We are so fortunate!

Tom Pritchard
01-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Tonight I was getting ready to turn off the lights in my shop, and I took a good long look around. I began to think about how fortunate we all are to live in a country where we can enjoy so many freedoms, where we can feel safe and secure and not be afraid to think about tomorrow! So many military men and women have sacrificed their lives, and continue to do so today, so that we may enjoy our lives in a way that many people in other countries never will. So I turned out the lights, confident that I can continue my work tomorrow, and eternally grateful to all those who have made the sacrifice so that I can. God Bless them all!

Boyd Gathwright
01-28-2006, 12:17 AM
Tonight I was getting ready to turn off the lights in my shop, and I took a good long look around. I began to think about how fortunate we all are to live in a country where we can enjoy so many freedoms, where we can feel safe and secure and not be afraid to think about tomorrow! So many military men and women have sacrificed their lives, and continue to do so today, so that we may enjoy our lives in a way that many people in other countries never will. So I turned out the lights, confident that I can continue my work tomorrow, and eternally grateful to all those who have made the sacrifice so that I can. God Bless them all!

.... I too feel the same way. Thanks for posting your thoughts Tom :)

John Bailey
01-28-2006, 1:22 AM
I understand. I've overspent my monthly budget for buying supplies for my unfinished shop. So, I didn't have anything to accomplish out there. I just went out to sweep up the saw dust and listen to the radio. There I was, sitting in an unheated shop listening to the radio. I love it out there.

John

Keith Outten
01-28-2006, 7:09 AM
Tom,

I agree with your sentiment concerning our Freedom and the debt of gratitude we surely owe our veterans and those who serve today. There is a thread here that was started by Waymon Campbell that is a list of SMC Members who have served, every now and again the list surfaces as someone else adds their name. I have read every entry and will conrinue to do so simply because it makes me very proud to be associated with these people knowing that they are the ones who made all of this possible.

The Freedom Pens Project was started not just to provide pens for our servicemen and women in the Middle East, every pen we deliver is a tribute to all those who have served.

There can be no roof without a foundation, the debt we owe these people has been unpaid for over 230 years.

Bob Noles
01-28-2006, 8:00 AM
Tom,

Very well stated. Thanks for posting and reminding us all.

John Hart
01-28-2006, 8:09 AM
Tom,
Not only is it nice that you had that moment of reflection, it's wonderful that you posted it. The men and women serving our country today need to hear it from time to time....from us....not the politicians or in speeches. Well Done!

Doug Jones
01-28-2006, 8:51 AM
Tom
True'er words have never been spoken.
I thank the good Lord daily.

Jerry Olexa
01-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Very well said you by all of you. Shows we are an intelligent, thoughtful and appreciative bunch. Thanks for posting!!

Mike House
01-28-2006, 12:38 PM
As one who served 22 years in the military and lost some good friends in ---and as a result of ---Viet Nam, I'd like to add my 2 cents worth. I REALLY appreciate all those who are and have given so much to make this the greatest country on Earth. But I also want to remind everyone not to forget the regular hard working blue-collar guy or gal who goes to work everyday and teachs their kids to be honest and responsible citizens just by the way they live; by their EXAMPLE. They are truely the golden rule in practice. "Treat other people the way you want to be treated".These guys and gals are as much the backbone of America and contribute as much to this GREAT land as anyone alive. They show me everyday that patriotism and downright love of country is still alive and well. A HUGE thank-you to these unsung heros as well!!!

scott spencer
01-28-2006, 3:59 PM
Cleaning up the shop in January....now there's a novel idea! I might actually get some cleaning up done this weekend with the incredible weather we're having. Usually this time of year I run out and do something hastily and run back in. Thanks for putting things in perspective....it's too bad that everyone that ever lived can't take these freedoms for granted...we are indeed very blessed.