PDA

View Full Version : Road trip Monday

Robert Mickley
01-27-2006, 11:26 PM
Bright and early Monday morning oldest sister and I off on a road trip to Blackstone VA to my second oldest sisters house. Going down to to do a bathroom remodel, that requires a custom built vanity due to odd sizes. And a built in pantry/cupboard for the kitchen. Should be interesting since my BIL has only the basic woodworking tools. In other words a compund mitre saw, a circular saw and a hammer :rolleyes: We suposeadly have access to a full blown woodshop that belongs to a friend. At least the finish work is all going to be easy as its just getting painted. Means I can use ply and Poplar in the construction.

Making a stop on the way down to check out a friends sawmill setup. He builds custom furniture. Hoping to have time to get down to Williamsburgh to check out another sawmill operator I know from a Forestry Forum I frequent.

Of course this means I miss out on the first two weeks of the turning contest.

Heres a Pic of some of the stuff my friend builds.

Robert Mickley
01-30-2006, 8:06 AM
Ok so I've lost my mind, Called my sister this morning, got her out of bed :) Told her I would be there by 9 or so. She's like why? Being the smart aleck in the family I asked if her mind was gone, we are leaving for Va this morning. She starts laughing and says thats Saturday. :rolleyes: oh well guess I cut firewood this week and finsh up the garden tractor.