PDA

View Full Version : At Last It Has Arrived

Frank Parker
01-27-2006, 9:33 PM
After waiting for 11 weeks my Oneway has finally arrived. I got in place today got it all wired up and flipped the switch, It was so smooth and quiet you'd hardly know it's running. I stuck on a piece of Walnut and gave it a go,It's about 12" around and the dark spot on the bottom was a 16d nail that I pulled out, quite the surprise to find that with my gouge.
Here are some pictures starting with just after I took it out of the truck.
Frank

Keith Burns
01-27-2006, 9:38 PM
Man, that's nice !:) :)

Karl Laustrup
01-27-2006, 9:40 PM
How sweet it is Frank. That is a beauty. Now fill that shop up with shavings. :)

Karl

Corey Hallagan
01-27-2006, 9:41 PM
Wow! Now that's a bigun! Congrats on the new lathe!

Corey

Jim Becker
01-27-2006, 9:43 PM
Rock and roll!! Congrats, Frank.

Ernie Nyvall
01-27-2006, 10:22 PM
Nice gloat Frank. Congratulations!

Ernie

John Hart
01-27-2006, 10:23 PM
Woe!! What a beautiful sight that is! Congratulations Frank. Some day maybe..:rolleyes:

Bernie Weishapl
01-27-2006, 10:29 PM
Congrats Frank. Now that is a machine. SWEET.

Bob Noles
01-27-2006, 10:30 PM
Frank,

Suddenly I am coming down with the short man syndrome :(

Wow.... that baby rocks!

Jim Dunn
01-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Now Andy has a lathe buddy:eek::D:D No argument that is one sweet piece of machinery, heavy:cool:

Jim

Andy Hoyt
01-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Oh man! I been waiting for this for - well - eleven weeks, I guess.

Lemme tell ya Frank, you have no idea how good it feels to have some company in this place, what with all those baby-poop yellowites lurking around and wrecking the fine image this forum has.

That be some fine looking iron - White Iron Rocks!

Frank Parker
01-27-2006, 11:38 PM
I can't believe the differance between this lathe and my old one, I can actually hear the radio while it's running. Now I can use my McNaughton bowl saver.
I wanted a lathe that would last for many,many years to come and after I got this one I know I made the right choice. Now I have to reroute my dust collection system to it.
Frank

Cecil Arnold
01-27-2006, 11:57 PM
Nice gloat Frank, now if Andy would only paint his baby poop yellow he would fit in.

Travis Stinson
01-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Congratulations Frank! That's an awesome machine.:cool:
Now don't be letting Andy goad you into any of his "baby-poop" smack talk. We barely let him escape the last time, he knawed off his tail to get free.:D

Jim Ketron
01-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Yea Nothing wrong with Yellow!:D
Nice Lathe Frank!
Cant wait to see some work off that beast!

Andy Hoyt
01-28-2006, 12:03 AM
At least it wasn't covered in THAT stuff when I did:D

Mark Cothren
01-28-2006, 12:59 AM
Great lookin' lathe! Congratulations!

Dennis Peacock
01-28-2006, 2:27 AM
Nice lathe.!!! You will love it I'm sure.

Mark me down for an owner of The Yeller Lathe. :D And proud to have it in my shop. you know....maybe Yeller needs a "white" buddy next to it?:rolleyes: :eek:

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
01-28-2006, 5:21 AM
Gee, I'd say that lathe is going to be rock solid....

Nice, very NICE! :)

Gary Max
01-28-2006, 6:20 AM
Frank I can't believe that no one said anything about the way you unloaded the monster----heck I remember fighting with my baby-poop machine when it arrived.
Hope you enjoy and be safe.

Robert Mickley
01-28-2006, 6:35 AM
[quote=Gary Max]Frank I can't believe that no one said anything about the way you unloaded the monster----heck I remember fighting with my baby-poop machine when it arrived.
Hope you enjoy and be safe.[/quote

Only because I hadn't got here yet :D I wan't that forklift!! Man could I move some logs with that!!

oh nice lathe Frank :D

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
01-28-2006, 9:05 AM
Frank I can't believe that no one said anything about the way you unloaded the monster----heck I remember fighting with my baby-poop machine when it arrived.
Hope you enjoy and be safe.
What....?

Is that some kind of special forklift down in Kentucky?

Geez, up in Canada where I come from that is about a medium size, the kind we let the kids play with.... ;) :p :D

Yep, that would be real help full in unloading stuff for sure!

I look at that nice lathe, and I say, "What is the big deal, big FAT pipe, some gussets, some steel plate and a little milling...... :D

Yep, I could build one of those for sure.....in time ;)

Andy Hoyt
01-28-2006, 9:14 AM
Stu - Be nice. It's Canadian

Ernie Nyvall
01-28-2006, 9:19 AM
What....?

Is that some kind of special forklift down in Kentucky?

Geez, up in Canada where I come from that is about a medium size, the kind we let the kids play with.... ;) :p :D

Yep, that would be real help full in unloading stuff for sure!

I look at that nice lathe, and I say, "What is the big deal, big FAT pipe, some gussets, some steel plate and a little milling...... :D

Yea, well in Canada, you'd have to have an extra large lift to help carry around that FULL LOAD OF C... .:p:D

Ernie

Doug Jones
01-28-2006, 9:40 AM
Congrats on the lathe,
a nice coat of some yeller paint and you got a winner.

Seriously, nice score.

What....?

Stuwie, green is not your best color.:D :D :D

Dave Wimmer
01-28-2006, 6:36 PM
Shoulda left it in that box. It would hold a lot of shavings!

George Conklin
01-28-2006, 6:55 PM
I like how the lathe is the centerpiece of the shop:D . Very nice indeed.

George

Keith Christopher
01-28-2006, 11:26 PM
I've been saving for a one way for some time now. so I'm a little jealous ! But soon...Congrats ont he lathe ! They are SO SO nice. Can't wait to see what comes from it !