PDA

View Full Version : In Praise of Rob Cosman

Mark Gibney
02-02-2023, 12:03 AM
This morning I ordered Ros Cosman's book "Hand-Cut Dovetails Shop Copy".
This afternoon my phone shows an incoming call from New Brunswick, Canada. I ignore the call like any call from a number not in my contacts.
The caller left a voicemail - it's Rob Cosman himself saying thanks for my business and he'll have the book in the mail in the morning.

Well that tickled me pink!

Steve Eure
02-02-2023, 5:45 AM
Same here. I was actually watching one of his sharpening videos when he called. How coincidental is that? I said you're not going to believe this, but I'm watching you right now. I know he had to have a smeark on his face when he said, "I know". Too funny and yes, coincidental. Rob is a class act and yes, he does appreciate our business by calling many of his customers. Now that is the epitome of customer service.

Frederick Skelly
02-02-2023, 6:22 AM
I had a positive experoience with him too. No phone call, but I was still impressed.

Mark, pleae let us know how you like that book.

Fred

Mark Gibney
02-02-2023, 8:53 AM
I will Fred, but I so rarely get time to work with my hand tools so you might be waiting.
Steve that's a modern life story right there.

Robert Hayward
02-02-2023, 12:50 PM
I also received a phone call from Rob telling me my order was on the way, just yesterday.

Andrew Alexander
02-02-2023, 8:47 PM
Same here…great business practice! More small/ cottage business should exercise this practice.

Thomas McCurnin
02-03-2023, 8:06 PM
He is good people. He called me up and told me I would like his saws, which I do, but are a little small for my hand. No worries. He also helps soldiers and being a veteran, I appreciate that.

Tim Andrews
02-04-2023, 10:13 PM
Exact same experience, I didn’t pick up his call because I thought it was a telemarketer. He’s one of the guys I like to support. I have learned how to sharpen and how to hand cut dovetails with his videos.