PDA

View Full Version : I knew it wouldn't last

Bruce Page
01-27-2006, 7:19 PM
Well I’ve been up here on Kodiak a little over a week now and the weather has been in the twenties, clear skies and only light winds. That’s all changing now…

Ken Garlock
01-27-2006, 7:53 PM
So what is your complaint?:confused: :D :rolleyes:

I'll bet those big TDY paychecks will keep you warm.;)

Dennis Peacock
01-27-2006, 7:58 PM
Well Bruce,

I've suffered on Kodiak before. :rolleyes: I really loved it there. Can get pretty chilly.....but still, nice place. :D

BTW, plug up your socks....it'll make you feel warmer all over. :p ;)

Jerry Clark
01-27-2006, 8:11 PM
Bruce, I see the volcano is still smoking, is it affecting your work?
Picture taken at 5 PM today!
http://www.avo.alaska.edu/webcam/augtst.jpg

Don Baer
01-27-2006, 8:17 PM
Reminds me of last Jan when I had to do to Calgary. The temp the day I left was -40 c/F :eek:

Bruce Page
01-27-2006, 8:32 PM
There’s a whiteout coming through right now!
Ken, I had 72 hours on the last TC – it sure helps!
Jerry, I could see the volcano venting in the distance when I flew over to the island last week, it was very cool!
Dennis, I’ve been here 9 times since 2001, all but one time in the winter. I wish we would find a warmer place to launch from – Barking Sands on <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Kauai</st1:place> would be nice right now.
Don, -40! No thank you! I'll stay here in the temperate zone. ;)

Norman Hitt
01-27-2006, 9:32 PM
There’s a whiteout coming through right now!
Ken, I had 72 hours on the last TC – it sure helps!
Jerry, I could see the volcano venting in the distance when I flew over to the island last week, it was very cool!
Dennis, I’ve been here 9 times since 2001, all but one time in the winter. I wish we would find a warmer place to launch from – Barking Sands on <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Kauai</st1:place> would be nice right now.
Don, -40! No thank you! I'll stay here in the temperate zone. ;)

Hey Bruce, it's STILL better than duty on Shemya!!:D

Karl Laustrup
01-27-2006, 9:34 PM
Bruce, could you somehow keep that stuff up there for a least a couple more weeks? At least until I get the roof on and the windows in.

Thanks in advance. ;) :D

Karl

Cecil Arnold
01-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Bruce, better you than me. Bring in your brass monkey.