PDA

View Full Version : Am I A Chronic Complainer

CPeter James
01-27-2006, 5:57 PM
I feel like one of these lately. It seems that every thing that I buy or have bought comes with problems. Is it just me or is that what we are coming to. I find that the "Made in China" stuff has much more that its share of problems and repair parts are NOT available. My latest go round was with a certain brand of high priced reading light that is supposed to be true to sunlight in color. Well after 6 months it failed, and can not be repaired at any price, except buy a new one. Well after speaking firmly but softly with the supervisor, a new one is supposed to be on the way. Before that, I ordered a book on line from a sub vendor of a large online book sales site. It arrived in poor condition and the vendor would not reply to any communication regarding it. One email to the online site and I had a response in minutes and full refund plus $5 within 2 hours. Then I went to a local large chain electronics store and bought a flat panel monitor. It was supposed to have a $200 rebate according to the shelf tag and the salesperson. Turned out to be $100, enough difference to argue about, so back to the store and after 15 minutes of being told " tough luck" by the service desk person, I went one step up and got it rectified.

I am not this type of person, but I don't like to be taken advantage of, either. Is this the what we have to look forward to?

In the case of Grizzly, at least we, on this board know how to get their attention. In most cases, where to you turn?

CPeter

Steve Clardy
01-27-2006, 7:25 PM
I just take it one step at a time. No satisfaction from one, I go a step up until I can get it resolved.
I have my days too.

Gregg Mason
01-27-2006, 8:12 PM
Goods news is you found resolution in all 3 cases. Not bad.