PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Need Container Shipping Broker!

Dev Emch
01-27-2006, 5:17 PM
Hello Gang....

I am taking a wild stab here. I used to have an address for a container space broker who sold limited, space available space on shipping containers. Unfortunately, I have lost that number. This is for a less than load or LTL shipment on an ocean going container.

I need to move one or two pallets from england to the united states. Total weight about 2000 to 2500 pounds. Pallets can be stacked if needed.

Right now, I am looking at South Hampton to Edison New Jersey.

So if any of you guys can help me move a machine, please PM me. I can move it from Edison home. No worries. Any other US port in which there is a bonded warehouse will also work. Inspection of goods on arrival welcome.

Oh Yah, is this woodworking related. You Betcha! Shop Tour pending completion!:D

Michael Ballent
01-27-2006, 5:42 PM
I am guessing that you have located your Wadkin TS ;)

Steve Clardy
01-27-2006, 5:45 PM
Lets see. You in Colorado?
Find a seed dealer in your area that sells overseas.
Maybe they can put you in contact with someone.

Ed Breen
01-27-2006, 6:06 PM
Dev,
We get containers in from china with raw materials. If you need I can ask our client who brokers these and it seems that any broker would handle containers on a world wide basis. If you can't get help here pm me.
Ed:cool:

Mike Swindell
01-27-2006, 6:33 PM
Dev,

We use DHL/Danzas for all our international shipments which includes bonded warehouses. They have offices worldwide, so I'd check locally. They might be able to help on a consolidation which would entail shipping your equipment along with someone else. Happens all the time.

Good Luck

Mike Linne
01-27-2006, 6:58 PM
I've used the following folks to consolidate export shipments from the US (port of Newark):

OPT Overseas Project Transport Inc., 46, SELLERS STREET, KEARNY, NEW JERSEY 07032. TEL : (201) 998-7771

If they can't help they can recommend someone for you.

Dev Emch
01-27-2006, 7:32 PM
I am guessing that you have located your Wadkin TS ;)

I have no idea what you could possibly be talking about.....:D

Andy London
01-27-2006, 8:03 PM
I use DHL to bring in wood from South america and some from africa, generally only have about 1/2 of the mid sized containers. If you need a US contact name, my daughters best friends mom is the regional VP for DHL and I would be happy to ask her for a name tomorrow if you like.

Bill Simmeth
01-27-2006, 8:44 PM
Congrats! Email Chuck Hess, he has lots of experience! Where are the pics???

Jerry Dickens
01-27-2006, 9:07 PM
I think Yellow Motor Freight can handle this for you for one, I have used in the past, great people, http://www.myyellow.com/dynamic/services/content/coverage/international/index.jsp?PARENT=yfscjcoverage Also have used BAX Global, another great group of people, http://www.baxworld.com/CorporateSite/transSolutions/oceanFreight.aspx
Now I have used companys in Atlanta , I think you are suppose to be in Colorado, but here is another one, http://www.pilotair.com/default.asp?page=http://www.pilotair.com/Content/whatsnew.asp, I think they specialize in Air Freight.

Mark Rios
01-27-2006, 10:12 PM
I use DHL to bring in wood from South america and some from africa, generally only have about 1/2 of the mid sized containers. If you need a US contact name, my daughters best friends mom is the regional VP for DHL and I would be happy to ask her for a name tomorrow if you like.

Hey Andy, do you have to let the wood sit in quarantine for a while before you get it home? Aren't they afraid of you bringing in monkey pox disease or equine ebola pox or something?:D

Now we get to see some more of those neato machines from Dev. Pics, Pics, Pics.

Dev Emch
01-27-2006, 10:21 PM

What I should do is call DHL in the morning and see what they say. Right now, I am working out the details of the deal so nothing is in concrete yet. Lets keep the fingers that I have not yet sawn off crossed.:D

Just Kidding. I still have all ten digits.

Reg Mitchell
01-27-2006, 10:29 PM
hope you got what your looking for Dev. And yes how about pics.

Dev Emch
01-27-2006, 11:10 PM
hope you got what your looking for Dev. And yes how about pics.

Guys, no pics yet! I am trying to explore the shipping options at this point. Any deals are a long ways off. Its easy to get space from Hong Kong. Its gets harder when one goes to england or europe. Hey, maybe if I hold my thumb out, I can hitch a ride with Papa Grizz' stuff. But I doubt he is going my way however. Maybe on Hamburg - Sud. We will see if this all pans out.