PDA

View Full Version : Now its David Crosby - RIP

Kris Cook
01-19-2023, 9:34 PM
81 is pretty amazing I guess for what he has been/put himself through.

My first album purchase was 4 Way Street.

Gonna miss these guys.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-19-2023, 10:15 PM
The musicians, rock and folk from my generation are leaving us quckly these days. RIP David Crosby!

Dave Zellers
01-20-2023, 1:13 AM
The musicians, rock and folk from my generation are leaving us quickly these days. RIP David Crosby!

So true. Took my future wife to see CSN&Y in Cleveland December 12th 1969. We will never forget it, fantastic show. Crosby Stills and Nash opened with their stuff first and then Neil joined them after about a half hour.

I can close my eyes and relive them playing Wooden Ships. All seats were 6 bucks.

glenn bradley
01-20-2023, 6:56 AM
A timeless artist.

Lisa Starr
01-20-2023, 7:03 AM
Yet another artist that I so enjoyed listening to. I looked thru some of my vinyl the other day, and most of the groups have lost at least one member. RIP

Maurice Mcmurry
01-20-2023, 8:06 AM
Very sad, After several days of Jeff Beck tributes I do not find myself humming Jeff Beck songs. I am humming the Byrds and C S N (Y too) before I have even gotten the CD's out. Rest In Peace.

Clifford McGuire
01-22-2023, 6:01 PM
I just watched 'David Crosby: Remember My Name'. What a time that was (Woodstock, Vietnam, Kent State). And what a bunch of drugs were taken!

What a great musician, but he sure burned a lot of bridges. He admitted it in the documentary, but never tried to repair any.

lowell holmes
01-22-2023, 7:20 PM
I remember Elvis as well.

Maurice Mcmurry
01-22-2023, 10:11 PM
I had a no power tools day and played CD's featuring Mr. Crosby.
A bit off topic but I can't think on death and see the name Elvis without wanting to hear "From Galway to Graceland" The studio version has better sound.

https://youtu.be/SLSZXHXFsss