PDA

View Full Version : Banjo prices

Jeff Horton
01-27-2006, 1:48 PM
Just curious here. I have been watching a couple of auctions on ____ for Delta banjo's. My old J-line came with one on it and I would like to have a second one at some point. I am floored at what they sell for. Maybe I am out of touch but I am watchign a obvious, older one right now and it is at $81 and I know it is going to go much higher. Why so high?

I really like the way mine works, so does everyone else? Are they just that popular? I am in no rush and will wait for a deal. Just curious why the high prices. Maybe if I prices a new one it would make sense.....:)

Rob Bourgeois
01-27-2006, 2:47 PM
After Christmas the prices on that site seem to climb. I have been waiting for them to start falling off around Easter( or April 15th) to get some parts for 50 year old Delta. I watched last year and picked up a few parts then after watching higher than retail prices for 4 months.

Let the fools spend their tax returns then you can get some good deals, as long as you are not buying something that is rare or collectible.

I am also looking for a banjo to replace my old one but its not high on the list yet.

Keith Burns
01-27-2006, 3:22 PM
If interested you can get the new style Delta Banjo from Packard for $72. I could swear I've seen them in some catalog for around $50 (but I could be dreaming).

Jeff Horton
01-27-2006, 9:14 PM
Forgot about the Christmas money and income tax refunds fueling the Ovay ecomonomy. Thats an excellent point!

I have picked up a few items reasonable recently but I don't buy that much. Watch a lot but then don't bid. But that reasoning makes a lot of sense. But $81 bucks for a old banjo? Just looked and it was a bidding war between a three newbies. That explains a lot.

Just looked Keith and your were right, 72.95 for a new one. Silly people!

Pat Salter
01-29-2006, 12:48 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I just got one from the bay for 118 bucks with shipping. NOW YOU TELL ME ABOUT PACKARD!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,hahahahaha, oh well.