PDA

View Full Version : Festool eps 125/3 replaced my old busted porter cable

Roger Feeley
01-15-2023, 8:41 AM
I love my wife.

It works great. I bought a punch and punched holes in my 8 hole sandpaper. it took about an hour to punch several hundred discs and now I have a sheet metal punch. I was sort of surprised that punching sandpaper didn’t dull the punch.

It lives in my shop hooked to the ceiling with the power cable taped to the vacuum hose. The unexpected benefit is that the cord disconnects at the sander. It would be a snap to unhook this sander and hook up another.

Now I need to figure out what to do with the systainer. I’m not a fan of dedicated storage vessels. If I was working out of a truck they probably make sense..

Jim Becker
01-15-2023, 9:45 AM
Glad you like the tool, Roger.

As to the Systainer...I personally like them a lot and have "standardized" on them for storing the tools that I don't use frequently. They are not just for portability, IMHO. Even my First Aid kit is a Systainer. I've repurposed a few from their original tool and have bought a few bare from the Systainer Store, too. But I can also appreciate that they are not for everyone. I'm sure you can get a few shekels for any Systainer you don't want from folks who do like them.

Rich Engelhardt
01-15-2023, 10:24 AM
The only time I've ever missed a Systainer was........

when the tool(s) had a cloth bag instead.

I found I got real used to Systainers real fast.

Eric Arnsdorff
01-15-2023, 4:12 PM
Great to hear you’re happy with the sander!
My wife bought the 150/5 for me for Christmas and I was astounded how much better sander it is. I thought my Bosch was a good one but the Festool is so much better.

I’ve ended up with a number of Festool tools and sustainers. I keep a couple in the box but like Jim I mostly use them to store other tools and things in. They are a very nicely designed storage box. I occasionally take some tools places and will put them in the Systainers then as well. I’ve found they do save a lot of time and keep things organized as well as being easy to pack and transport.