PDA

View Full Version : Scraper pack

Robert Hayward
01-14-2023, 8:50 PM
Was in HD paint section picking up a pack of painters pyramids and spotted this scraper pack. Looked like it would be especially useful for scraping glue joints. Anyone else use this?

Jim Becker
01-15-2023, 9:59 AM
I don't see any reason why you can't use these for fine woodworking...like with any kind of scraper, it's just a matter of preparing and maintaining the edge so it takes the expected fine cuts when you put it to work.

Cameron Wood
01-15-2023, 2:19 PM
I have one of those. Handy, but not used that often. Easy to sharpen or re-shape the cutters.

Come to think of it, would make good cutter for a scratch stock.:)

Bill Dufour
01-15-2023, 8:57 PM
I doubt the china? steel will hold an edge for long.
bill D

Robert Hayward
01-15-2023, 9:20 PM
I doubt the china? steel will hold an edge for long.
bill D

Have not tried the set I bought yet, but I imagine you are correct. It comes with a small file in the handle and the instructions say to use it in a pull mode only. It is not a high end tool at $16.00 but does have the HD lifetime warranty.

I had a ~$60 plumbing snake I had used one time and loaned it to a neighbor. Came back from the neighbor ruined and obviously abused. I took it to HD and they instantly said go get a new one off the shelf. That was the Husky brand.

Cameron Wood
01-16-2023, 9:58 PM
I've used it to scrape mineral deposits from toilet bowls. and scrape paint from mouldings for re-painting.