PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Lathe Belts

Chris Yarish
01-27-2006, 12:01 PM
I wish I could refer to the name or part number of the item I am requesting information on, but I am seeking opnions on a lathe drive belt offered at Lee Valley. It's red and is of the interlocking variety. Belts are slod by numbers of links, or in feet.

I need to replace 2 belts on my lathes and would prefer to use these types to avoid the hassle of dissecting the entire drive mechanism (both are Delta/Rockwell).

Any info would be appreciated, and I will try to find the catalogue when I return home for more info.

Keith Burns
01-27-2006, 12:07 PM
They are PowerTwist link belt and they work great pulley to pulley. However if you have a Reeves variable speed drive they don't work so well. Another source is woodchipshome.com.

Chris Yarish
01-27-2006, 12:57 PM
They are PowerTwist link belt and they work great pulley to pulley. However if you have a Reeves variable speed drive they don't work so well. Another source is woodchipshome.com.

No, I have another lathe that has an on the fly variable speed adjustment, but since the lathe is a dinosaur and the VSA has effectively broken, I'm content with just setting it at one speed. I have 3 lathes to choose from so I have them all set at different speeds.