PDA

View Full Version : Wow!! Festool TS 55 EQ

Mike Campbell
01-27-2006, 9:48 AM
Sorry if this sounds like an ad, I am just very impressed.

I just received my Festool TS 55 EQ saw with 55" rail. What a great tool. I have a small (some would call it tiny) shop that makes it very hard to cut sheet goods on my table saw and I can't cut a straight line with my circular saw to save my life. I read all about the different saw guides out there and finally decieded on the Festool from what I learned on this board. I can't say how easy it is to crosscut 3/4" birch ply. I even made cuts as small as 5"x11" for drawer fronts. (just to see if it was possible)

I plan on getting the accessory kit for it soon. Again sorry if this sounds like an advertisement, but I have never been so impressed with a tool before.

Thanks
Mike Campbell

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life." -- (not mine but very true)

Frank Pellow
01-27-2006, 9:57 AM
Mike, I notice that this is your first post here. Welcome to Saw Mill Creek, and may there be many posts to follow!

I remember well the day, just about two years ago, when my Festool cicular saw arrived. It was amazing! Cutting sheet goods instantly went from my most dreaded task to one that I now enjoy.

Mike Campbell
01-27-2006, 10:21 AM
Thanks. I have learned many things in a relativly short period of time from here.

I used to dread sheet goods. Now I am offering to do it for friends. It is so easy to use that my wife had to come get me out of my shop at 10:30 last night because I just kept cutting.

Bill Simmeth
01-27-2006, 10:49 AM
It is so easy to use that my wife had to come get me out of my shop at 10:30 last night because I just kept cutting.LOL! That conjurs up quite an image. Congrats on the new tool and I'm happy for you that you are so pleased with it! And, welcome to the Creek!

Jason Tuinstra
01-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Congrats Mike. Festool makes a great product and the way you can cut sheet goods with it is a real joy. Good for you! Enjoy.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
01-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Hi Mike, and welcome!

I got mine over Christmas, I had to sell a motorcycle to afford it ;)

I just love the thing, it is amazing!!

http://www.ablett.jp/workshop/images/jackpot/festool_1st_cuts3.jpg

Yep, it is a keeper!

That is wet, HARD Sakura, and the blade is even the wrong one, I should be using the Panther ripping blade, but I don't have one (yet!) I'm using the 48 tooth fine blade that came with.

Sure do love that saw! :D

Tyler Howell
01-27-2006, 11:10 AM
Love my old modal. Visitors have to excuse themselves when a get to demoing my stuff I for get they are there:o

Allen Grimes
01-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Congrats Mike,

I just cant stop drooling over that saw. Unfortunately I have a couple of other purchases that need to be made before I can get one.

Tyler,

Arent you supposed to be lecturing him on the importance of picture use when making tool gloats? I noticed that you haven't been keeping up at all on that lately, did you retire or something?

Ian Barley
01-27-2006, 2:35 PM
Mike - Welcome to the creek and congrats on the purchased of a quality tool. Every time I use mine I end up repeating the phrase "a thing of great beauty" to myself. Use it safely and enjoy.

Bob Noles
01-27-2006, 2:41 PM
Mike,

Welcome to SCM and I think you will enjoy it here. Glad you made the discovery of how nice a GCSS can be. I have had mine for close to a year now and don't know how I ever lived without one prior to that.

Tyler Howell
01-27-2006, 2:52 PM
Congrats Mike,

I just cant stop drooling over that saw. Unfortunately I have a couple of other purchases that need to be made before I can get one.

Tyler,

Arent you supposed to be lecturing him on the importance of picture use when making tool gloats? I noticed that you haven't been keeping up at all on that lately, did you retire or something?

Allen this is a surprise inspection for all the trained deputies. For the most part you are doing a great job:rolleyes: .
PS Stop drooling and stand up straight. Looks unprofessional in the Pix Police uniform.