PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
01-09-2023, 7:25 AM
9 Jan 2023

Greetings,
I hope you have had a good week. I finished up a couple of cutting boards for people that I will deliver to at the end of this week. I still haven’t finished the nightstand project but plan on getting back into it this week or next.

That’s it for me, what did you do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all!

Jim Becker
01-09-2023, 8:56 AM
Good to hear you got more shop time, Dennis!

Much progress on the new shop building this past week...electric completed for the "machine islands" and duct work for the same is in place so I was able to come up with a BOM for what I need to run the rest of the duct work. I also got started on the first "woodworking" project, creating a shelf unit to provide better support for my plastic hardware drawer assemblies that tend to sag over time. I like them and they meet my needs, so giving them hard support will rejuvenate them for sure. More of the same this week plus getting started on material storage.

Paul F Franklin
01-09-2023, 8:16 PM
Finished building a little shelf to hold my wireless router and moved the completed console bookcase up into the office. I'll post a couple pics in the project forum soon. I'm waiting for a few wiring/cable kind of things before moving everything off the wire shelf into the bookcase, but that stuff should be here Wednesday. I've got some cleaning to do in the shop, but I've started the design stages of two more projects: A rolling table for our laundry room, and a small box for holding receipts. I've been using a cardboard box from a pair of slippers for this for the last 15 or 20 years, and I refuse to put the old beat up box on my new bookcase. A simple finger jointed box with a removable lid ought to do the trick.

I also assembled our new propane smoker that was kind of a Christmas present. Our old one was pretty much shot so we took advantage of year end sales to buy a new one. I was really impressed with the person who designed the packaging for the unit; there was near zero wasted space in the box to the point where it was quite a job just to unpack all the parts. Weather has been mild enough that I hope to test it out soon.

Bruce Wrenn
01-10-2023, 8:55 PM
Wife and I finished up our bout with Covid. Got to go to SS class Christmas social on Saturday night. Got all the parts in to build some shorter welding leads for my stick machine. There is a thread down in metal working form about new leads. Figured out the problem with shop heater, and fixed it. Had to go replace some garage door cables on friend's house. Fun will be getting paid for job, as she had a life estate, and passed the week before. Now estate holder (deceased husband's grand daughter) owes me for the work. Went to my friend's memorial service on Wednesday. Rested a bunch, as still tired from Covid.