PDA

View Full Version : Triton router

Tom Krueger
01-03-2023, 6:50 PM
Just got a Triton router. Got it mounted in my table and I’m noticing a “catch” in the lift. It’s not coming from the ratchet assembly, it seems like the plung rod on the opposite side is hitting something.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Tom

Patrick Varley
01-03-2023, 9:06 PM
Is it not raising all the way up so that the spindle lock engages? Or is it that it just feels like it gets hung up in the motion?

I got mine used, and the plastic gears were packed with sawdust. I suspect that's not your issue, though. I did have to lubricate the guide rods when I had it apart though, as the movement was not smooth.

Tom Krueger
01-04-2023, 3:25 AM
Hi Patrick
It goes all the way up and down, but there’s a spot in the travel where it catches and is real hard to turn.
It doesn’t do it right side up with the spring in it like for hand held use.
Tom

Patrick Varley
01-04-2023, 11:47 AM
Hi Patrick
It goes all the way up and down, but there’s a spot in the travel where it catches and is real hard to turn.
It doesn’t do it right side up with the spring in it like for hand held use.
Tom

Odd. There are some more-frequently described issues with it being stuck and related to the plastic gear assembly in the handle (whether it gets jammed with dust or cracks). But again, I wouldn't expect that to happen with a new unit. You could always try lubing the plunge shafts (with or without disassembling). Honestly though, you shouldn't be having that issue out of the box. If it's new, I'd be thinking about replacing it under warranty before spending too much time troubleshooting it. Of course, my experience with Triton customer service has not been great.