PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
01-01-2023, 7:05 PM
2 Jan 2023

Greetings,
I'm oncall for work so I'm at a computer most of every day. I'll be glad when I can retire from I.T. work. :)
Been working on cutting boards and setting up the used 100 watt laser engraver that I bought locally from a woodworker I know and respect. I'm liking what the laser engraver will allow me to do without the need for using my small CNC router. Got a few cutting boards done and one ships to Alaska this coming week.
As soon as I come off oncall for work, I plan on working on the 2 nightstands that I need to get done as well as working on a chair repair for a lady that I used to work with at my previous company.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all....and.....Happy New Year 2023 to you all.

Jim Becker
01-01-2023, 7:42 PM
Happy New Year to you, Dennis...and everyone else! I went to sleep about an hour and a half before the year end rolled over, but was, um...reminded...of it by what sounded like either the next world war or an alien invasion. Not the best way to be woken up at midnight!

This past week was more of just plodding forward with getting the new shop building fitted out and organized, etc., including cleaning out cabinets of dirt and dreck. So far, I'm feeling good about the positioning of the major tools, so I will hopefully move forward with necessary electrical support from above including provisions for supporting ductwork for the same. The air cleaner will get hung finally on Tuesday when Dan, my younger daughter's SO, can help me do that safely. Also planning for additional formal storage as well as the material storage area. I need to get working on both of those things soon.

John Foley
01-02-2023, 9:03 AM
I made a gavel as a gift to a friend that was elected as a County Court judge in November. Her swearing-in-ceremony was Friday. My first attempt at turning except for a couple of purse mirrors that I made for Christmas a year ago. The wood is black walnut. After several trial runs, this is the finished product.

Paul F Franklin
01-02-2023, 3:27 PM
I completed my console bookcase; will post a few pics once I move it out of the shop into the office. Now I have to build a quick floating shelf to hold the wireless router. The router used to live on the top shelf of the wire shelf unit the bookcase is replacing, so it needs a new home. I have a left-over in-wall hidden cable kit I can use so the cables to/from the router don't show.

Daniel O'Neill
01-03-2023, 10:11 AM
Got a little work done on my router table setup. Got the shop reorganized because a friend wanted to use said setup. (Nothing like a friends request to get you moving. :D ) Eventually I'll have some router bit storage and drawers with dust collection out of the back. The benchdog top works great in the "cabinet" and this is all built from scrap stuff (except the top of course).

Bruce Wrenn
01-03-2023, 8:56 PM
Wife and I spent the week recovering from Covid. Not doing much of anything, other than having gas cylinders for shop heater refilled, and securing some welding leads from a couple of Chrysler products. FYI, both the Dodge Challenger and the Chrysler 300 have the battery in the trunk. A piece #1AWG welding wire about 13 feet long runs under carpet from trunk to fire wall.