PDA

View Full Version : Sauer & Steiner Panal Plane

John Edwards
01-26-2006, 9:44 PM
14 1/2" s. Konrads first panal plane bedded at 50*

A jointer and 3 panels to come. A 55* smoother and a set of 4 shoulders round out the list.

Thanks

Mark Stutz
01-26-2006, 10:18 PM
Beautiful, John! Rosewood? There are several high end, custom makers around. How did you decide? I've never had a chance to see any up close.

David Abel
01-27-2006, 3:21 PM
14 1/2" s. Konrads first panal plane bedded at 50*

A jointer and 3 panels to come. A 55* smoother and a set of 4 shoulders round out the list.

Thanks

I'm sure it's fun to be that rich!

Dan Racette
01-27-2006, 3:37 PM
pretty much a work of art. Beautiful crafting!

Tyler Howell
01-27-2006, 4:12 PM
Bravo Bravo.
Take a bow!!

Dave Anderson NH
01-27-2006, 4:36 PM
Very nice John. Konrad makes really great planes. I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of years ago at the Tools of the Trade show in the Toronto area. My only quibble is that if you are going to post planes like that, you need to spend a little more time on your photography.:D

Corvin Alstot
01-27-2006, 8:59 PM
My only quibble is that if you are going
to post planes like that, you need to spend a little more time on your photography.Come on Dave, he has his priorities straight.
All the discretionary money went to the smoothers not the camera. :-)

John - post more pictures of the 55 degree smoother when its available.

David Abel
01-27-2006, 9:47 PM
Come on Dave, he has his priorities straight.
All the discretionary money went to the smoothers not the camera. :-)

John - post more pictures of the 55 degree smoother when its available.

discretionary money? that money could have bought a new wing for the local Children's Hospital!

Mike Wenzloff
01-27-2006, 10:56 PM
My only quibble is that if you are going to post planes like that, you need to spend a little more time on your photography.
Heck, if you just told me there was one in a darkened room, I would still drool over it.

They are simply beautiful. One of these days I would like to just use one for the feel of it.

So yup, John, please post pictures of the smoother, too...Take care, Mike