PDA

View Full Version : New tool arrived today!

Sparky Paessler
01-26-2006, 9:27 PM
Well it isn't really a turning tool but it will be used to make turning tools! :rolleyes: Got it today. Fired it up a little while ago and did some welds. Worked great, need to get some shielding gas and more wire! Hobart 140 amp from Tool King.:D

Jim Ketron
01-26-2006, 9:31 PM
Congrats Sparky!
That should make some nice tools!

Dick Parr
01-26-2006, 9:37 PM
Congrats Sparky, now the fun begins.:D

Travis Stinson
01-26-2006, 9:43 PM
Nice sparky Sparky! Can't wait to see the new toys from it.;)

John Hart
01-26-2006, 9:52 PM
All right...I'm jealous. I just gotta do this. Congratulations Sparky!!

Jim Dunn
01-26-2006, 9:55 PM
John what you gonna do with it?? Weld the top on your car after hauling a big log home???

Nice haul Sparky. Just put the name with the tool LOL.

Jim Becker
01-26-2006, 10:00 PM
Just be care full with that thing given your name!! LOL!! :D

Seriously, I've been thinking about buying one of these things for a long time, both for tool fabrication and for "creative tractor accessories". This could be the year... ;)

Bob Noles
01-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Okay, just because your name is Sparky don't mean you have to go and prove it :D

Man oh Man are you ever going to have some fun with that thing.

Congrats on the gloat.

Bernie Weishapl
01-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Congrats Sparky. You are going to love that thing. Have some fun now.

Sparky Paessler
01-27-2006, 7:38 AM
Ah yes there is nothing like taking electricity and making fire and molten metal!:eek: :D :D:cool: You do need to be careful about what you are standing over. You might look down and see the dead grass on fire!:eek: :eek: Just a small fire really. Stomped it right out. :o :rolleyes:

Mike Ramsey
01-27-2006, 8:45 AM
Congrats Sparky! Wishing for one of those myself. I have to get a friend
to do my welding and I'm thinking he is getting tired of me showing
up in his shop with all my freebie government projects :D

Mark Cothren
01-27-2006, 9:03 AM
Congrats Sparky! But I've never seen a turnin' tool like that...:confused: ;) :)

Mike Wilkins
01-27-2006, 10:36 AM
This metal working thing can get addictive. Got a Mig welder a couple of years ago and have been having fun since. I got it to make mobile bases for the big tools in the shop. Using angle iron, primer, paint and some good quality casters, and some mistakes along the way, I have made some pretty good ones. So far I have just used scrap iron, but may have to break down and get some square tubing from the local dealer. You will be in for some sticker shock when pricing this stock, especially in the small quantities that we will need.
Good luck, congrats and watch those fingers.

Wes Bischel
01-27-2006, 10:47 AM
Congratulations Sparky! I have a little MIG as well. My understanding is welding gets much easier and cleaner when you add the gas. I have the kit, but haven't had the gumption to go to the supplier to get a tank.:rolleyes:
I snagged an old grinder stand for a little welding table - makes life much easier! (as well as safer!!)

Have fun!

Wes

Ernie Nyvall
01-27-2006, 8:35 PM
Congratulations Sparky.

I've been thinking about one of those. I have a 225 A Lincoln that I have melted many holes in thin metal with. I think one like you have there will help with that sort of thing.:rolleyes:

Ernie

Jerry Clark
01-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Thats great Sparky, glad it works. I bought an import about 10 years ago and it never did work--:mad: I finally gave it away. I just use my AC/DC stick Lincoln. :cool: