PDA

View Full Version : Fixing a WEN 3720 TS fence

Joshua Hatcher
12-31-2022, 3:59 PM
I have a WEN 3720 jobsite TS. The fence under the previous owner took some damage when used without a sacrificial fence. I've been using it anyways and I didn't think it looked to be bad but I am starting to realize that I cannot get straight rips from the saw. What can I do to fix this? I cannot find a replacement fence online and after market fences are more than I paid for the saw.

Joshua Hatcher
12-31-2022, 4:03 PM
Hopefully these attached photos help.

John Gustafson
01-01-2023, 12:25 AM
Josh,
Parts for WEN products don show up at the usual parts suppliers online nor does a full listing show up on the WEN site. The ONLY source I have found is by phone from WEN.

You will get eventually to human to talk to. They may have what you want in stock and then again maybe not. I have an older scroll saw. Motor is not available but brushes are.
If what you are looking for interchanges with later models chances are better.

Hope this helps.
John G.

Frederick Skelly
01-01-2023, 7:57 AM
While those cuts into the fence sure didnt do it any favors, they may not be the primary cause of your not-straight cuts. I suspect that fence is not properly aligned with the blade.

I suggest googling > adjust tablesaw fence < When I did, several tutorials came up.

Let us know how that goes.

Fred

Donald G. Burns
01-02-2023, 4:49 PM
A little bit of JB Weld followed with some sanding will fill in the blade marks. I'd then check and align the saw blade to the miter track and then align the fence to the miter track. Plus if in doubt run a straightedge along side the fence and make sure it is not bent.