PDA

View Full Version : She Almost Made It

Bruce Wrenn
12-29-2022, 9:16 PM
Had a good friend of 40 years who would have been 105 on January 30, 2023. Unfortunately, as of Four PM today, she won't make it. She was a friend who you thanked God for letting her be a part of your life. FYI, her father lived to be 108. Thankful for all the years and good memories! Rest in peace, Jean.

Maurice Mcmurry
12-29-2022, 9:30 PM
Wow! 104 what a magnificent run ! I wonder if indoor plumbing was a better life improvement for her than the internet? It certainly was for my Grand Ma (she was your friends peer). Sorry for your loss.

Tom M King
12-29-2022, 9:51 PM
Hard to complain with that mileage. My Mother, who lives with us now, will be 107 if she sees her Birthday on April 18th. She's seen a lot, and remembers it all, but her body is letting her down. I can't go more than a couple of hundred yards from the house, and one of us has to stay here all the time.

She says she owes it to growing up in a time before pesticides and such, and still even has all her teeth never having had a cavity. She grew up on a farm where they raised all their own food, and she never knew any difference during the Depression, but she does remember it. She's never done anything with the internet. I don't remember her ever being sick a day in her life, but had a stroke several years back. She remembers one morning when the cow swished its tail in the bucket of milk, and they strained it through a cloth before they drank it for breakfast. I don't believe anyone has ever had a better immune system.

She doesn't complain, or ask for anything, but has been ready to go for a while now.

Mel Fulks
12-29-2022, 9:55 PM
People like that were brought up to believe it was a their duty to live. I don’t think she died thinking “dang ,not going to make it”. Bruce, I’m
sure she died unafraid. Thanks for telling us about her.

Ronald Blue
12-30-2022, 10:53 AM
Had a good friend of 40 years who would have been 105 on January 30, 2023. Unfortunately, as of Four PM today, she won't make it. She was a friend who you thanked God for letting her be a part of your life. FYI, her father lived to be 108. Thankful for all the years and good memories! Rest in peace, Jean.

Sorry for your loss Bruce. Sounds like she was a joy to spend time with. It's good that you were blessed to know her and be part of her life. RIP Jean.

Ron Citerone
12-30-2022, 4:16 PM
Sorry to hear Bruce. Condolences to your family and anyone here who lost a loved one recently.

Ted Calver
12-30-2022, 6:09 PM
Sounds like a life well lived. How many of us will make it that far? Condolences on your loss.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-30-2022, 7:57 PM
My condolences to you, her other friends and family.