PDA

View Full Version : Another email spam/scam warning

Kev Williams
12-28-2022, 6:17 PM
Just got several at once all seeming to be problem-with-email issues, like mailbox is full, etc...
The common denominators: all of them ended with @tech-center.com, and had lots of 'click here to fix' links...

Lee Schierer
12-28-2022, 7:45 PM
I periodically get emails stating that my earthlink account is about to be closed with links to click on to make the "missing" payment.

Jerome Stanek
12-29-2022, 8:26 AM
I have been getting emails that my Mcafee is being renewed at some ungodly amount click here to cancel. Never used Mcafee and as soon as I get a new computer I delete the install.

Jeff Roltgen
12-29-2022, 10:12 AM
Yep. And I got another "geek-squad" billing and thank you for the $389.
Will it ever end, or is there just an over-abundance of careless, unenlightened folks feeding this $3 billion a year "industry"?

Bill Dufour
12-29-2022, 11:33 PM
Got a call today that my Verizon acccount was shut down and I need to pay to get it turned back on. I got it on my Verizon phone that was shut down? I assume if it had really been verizon calling a verizon phone it would have shown as a call from verizon not some random made up spoof number.
Bill D

Kev Williams
01-25-2023, 1:36 PM
adding to this thread again, just got this email from "American Express"-

note the red box the actual email address under the American Express name that comes up, 'david.murdza@answernet.com' -- No idea who he is, and a search found that 'answernet.com' actually exists, but I ain't touching this 'Amex' email with an 11 foot pole....

Tom M King
01-25-2023, 5:51 PM
I don't even click on links sent to me by friends in emails.

Bill George
01-27-2023, 10:27 AM
Now the Spammers seem to Love putting Et Al in the To: line or silly graphics... like a Real company would do, Yeah.

I have a Friend that loves to send me Forwarded Emails with all kinds of crap about politics,,,,, Delete no read.

Curt Harms
01-27-2023, 10:27 AM
Yep. And I got another "geek-squad" billing and thank you for the $389.
Will it ever end, or is there just an over-abundance of careless, unenlightened folks feeding this $3 billion a year "industry"?

That's the only explanation I can come up with.

Jerome Stanek
01-29-2023, 6:26 PM
I just say it looks good