PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas

Bobby McCarley
12-24-2022, 3:35 PM
Wishing everyone here at the Creek a blessed and safe Merry Christmas, take care and stay warm wherever you may be.

Bobby
Louisiana

Bruce Wrenn
12-24-2022, 4:50 PM
For us, this year won't be quite so merry. Week before this went went on a bus trip with seniors from church. One member had a constant cough. They should have stayed home!!!! On Monday this week started becoming hoarse, and upper chest hurt. Went to doctor on Tuesday, and she prescribed an inhaler for my breathing. Also showed positive for Covid. Thursday, wife starts same symptoms. Yesterday, at ER (it's a story to it's self as to how we wound up there,) she also tested positive. So it's no family get together again this year. Luckily we are fully vaccinated and are asymptomatic. Merry Christmas to all here at SMC!

Maurice Mcmurry
12-24-2022, 5:10 PM
Get well soon Bruce and family. Similar story with the extended family for us as well. 4 with covid, 1 in the hospital. The big get together canceled. Darn. We will have a small event and do our best to stay merry. We had a baby boy arrive on Christmas morning in 1991. He is due here this evening!

Mike Soaper
12-24-2022, 6:50 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to all, be well and safe.

A photo of the train garden under the Christmas tree. don't know why 2 were inverted.

Maurice Mcmurry
12-24-2022, 7:00 PM
Super Cute! Here is a snip and flip. Is that a John Deere B?

Mike Soaper
12-24-2022, 8:47 PM
Thanks for flipping the photos!

I don't know about the deer, but the tractors bring to mind good times with a uncle and his Avery tractor.

Jim Koepke
12-25-2022, 2:03 AM
A Merry Christmas to all and to all and their families a very Happy New Year.

jtk

Rick Potter
12-25-2022, 5:25 AM
A safe Christmas wish to all our friends in snow country. A very merry Christmas to all.

Rob Luter
12-25-2022, 6:51 AM
Best wishes to all this fine Christmas morning. Here's praying that you are all able to spend some quality time with friends, family, and sawdust (or plane shavings).

Lisa Starr
12-25-2022, 7:38 AM
Happy Holidays to everyone here at the 'Creek. May your day be enjoyable, no matter how you spend it!

Keith Outten
12-25-2022, 9:09 AM
Merry Christmas to all and thank you for sharing your time and expertise with all of us here once again this year.

Steve Schlumpf
12-25-2022, 9:14 AM
Merry Christmas everyone and the very Best of New Years!

Dave Anderson NH
12-25-2022, 10:41 AM
Merry Christmas and may you enjoy the day with family.

Bobby McCarley
12-26-2022, 1:52 PM
Very nice train setup Mike. Do you only set it up at Christmas or other times of the year also.

Bobby
Louisiana

Mike Soaper
12-26-2022, 11:43 PM
Thanks Bobby. It's only set up at Christmas, from early December to early January depending on how well the tree is holding up. Each year the track and building layout is different. Family and friends like it so I do it as a small Christmas gift to them.

FWIW if anyone is looking for a led replacement for old school screw in C7 incandescent Christmas bulbs you might want to check these out, they're made of painted glass like old school, only .6 watts, don't get hot, bright and are the closest to incandescents that I've come across. (I've no interest in these companies other than being a customer)

Tru-Tone, rounded tip bulb shape is very close to old school like those from GE, and can dim very low with lutron in line led lamp dimmer if wanted, addition colors than the basic 5, may also come in c9 size. Seems to be mostly sold out for the season.

Tru-Tone vintage-style C7 LED bulbs - Tru-Tone™ Light Bulbs (https://tru-tone.com/Vintage-style-LED-Christmas-bulbs-c7-size/)

These are from amazon, have pointy tips, and only dimmed to about 50% (which was more that what i needed), only 5 colors but were very close to the tru tone colors.

(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B091KHB43N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1)25 Pack C7 LED Multi-Color Christmas Replacement Bulbs C7 Ceramic Outdoor String Light Replacement LED Bulbs, C7/E12 Candelabra Base, 0.6 Watt - - Amazon.com (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JM1TKW9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1)

SUNSGNE 25 Pack C7 LED Multicolor Christmas Replacement Bulbs, Multicolor Ceramic LED Light Bulbs Vintage Light Bulbs for Christmas Indoor Outdoor String Lights, E12/C7 Candelabra Base, 0.6 Watt - - Amazon.com (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B091KHB43N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Mike Soaper
12-26-2022, 11:52 PM
Thanks for flipping the photos Lee.

Mike

Lee Schierer
12-27-2022, 10:15 AM
Thanks for flipping the photos Lee.

Mike

No sweat...It was a bit of a challenge. I downloaded the photos you posted and ran them through my photo editor to flip them, but when I re-posted them they flipped upside down again. I ended up opening them full size and using the snip feature to copy them and then put them back into your post.