PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit: Fred Voorhees

Jim Becker
01-26-2006, 5:52 PM
'Had a quick visit this afternoon from Fred...to paraphrase his signature, "It's hard being an 9" board in a 6" jointer world"...so he called about running a nice wide oak board over the "aircraft carrier" to make it flat. And so he did.

Michael Ballent
01-26-2006, 6:26 PM
It's nice of you to let him try out the "aircraft carrier" :) but it did not look like the DC was hooked up... is that connected somewhere else?

'Had a quick visit this afternoon from Fred...to paraphrase his signature, "It's hard being an 9" board in a 6" jointer world"...so he called about running a nice wide oak board over the "aircraft carrier" to make it flat. And so he did.

Wes Bischel
01-26-2006, 7:05 PM
So Fred, did you "stick" your landing?:D

(At least I think that's what they call it on an aircraft carrier.)

Wes

Fred Voorhees
01-26-2006, 7:58 PM
So Fred, did you "stick" your landing?:D

(At least I think that's what they call it on an aircraft carrier.)

Wes
I guess you could say that I stuck the landing. At least the job was successful. I also managed to bring home the Lee Valley calendar that Jim had for me back when we hit the Somerset woodworking show. One problem though, wall space in my shop is limited and I refuse to part with this poster. Yeah yeah, I know, it is sort of cliche, but I just love her and she is always there for me in the shop.

Jim Becker
01-26-2006, 9:11 PM
It's nice of you to let him try out the "aircraft carrier" but it did not look like the DC was hooked up... is that connected somewhere else?
Yes, the DC was running...you can't use the machine without it. There are two hoods....the one you see is the planer hood flipped down. The one doing the work is on the underside of the infeed table. The hose can be seen right behind Fred's noggin...

Kelly C. Hanna
01-26-2006, 9:45 PM
That's a great place for the jointer! I see why Fred stopped by though, I think the board was a second thought. :D

Jim Becker
01-26-2006, 9:55 PM
That's a great place for the jointer! I see why Fred stopped by though, I think the board was a second thought.

That picture in Fred's post is from HIS shop...not mine... ;)

Mark Rios
01-26-2006, 10:01 PM
I guess you could say that I stuck the landing. At least the job was successful. I also managed to bring home the Lee Valley calendar that Jim had for me back when we hit the Somerset woodworking show. One problem though, wall space in my shop is limited and I refuse to part with this poster. Yeah yeah, I know, it is sort of cliche, but I just love her and she is always there for me in the shop.

Looks like there's more than enough of her for everyone.:rolleyes: :D ;)

Kelly C. Hanna
01-26-2006, 11:12 PM
I get it now....didn't read the post very well...guess the picture distracted me...:D