PDA

View Full Version : 3D Printed Wood?

John Kananis
12-21-2022, 9:54 AM
This article popped up in my news feeds and I thought it may be interesting to some.

https://interestingengineering.com/innovation/lab-grown-3d-printed-wood

Mark Gibney
12-21-2022, 10:45 AM
Thanks, yes, very interesting. Early stages but something to keep an eye on.

Jeff Roltgen
12-21-2022, 12:59 PM
Appreciate the spirit of your sharing, but sorry- I leave pages like that within about 5-7 seconds.
Difficult to know what's "content" from advertising, based on the barrage of garbage/popups.
It's like diving into a dumpster, looking for a lost penny. Just not worth it, IMHO.
And finally, based on all the above, I find the content highly suspicious anyway.

Now, please excuse me while I re-open my crap cleaner app and wipe off the 1,500 new trackers I just picked up by opening that page.

jeff

John Kananis
12-21-2022, 1:24 PM
Oh it wasn't my intention, apologies...I use an ad blocker but what trackers? Just don't accept cookies or click ads, right?

I thought it was interesting and the research began at MIT so figured there was some credibility there.

Jim Morgan
12-21-2022, 2:29 PM
Better stay off Jeff's lawn!

I also thought this was interesting, though the bit about ending deforestation was nonsensical: much (if not most) of this occurs as a result of clearing land for purposes other than harvesting timber.

Andrew Hughes
12-21-2022, 3:48 PM
I stick with natures product.
I don’t think man can do better

Myk Rian
12-21-2022, 3:52 PM
I have a 3d printer. The wood is just wood colored plastic like the other filaments. It doesn't get great reviews.