PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
12-19-2022, 8:27 PM
19 Dec 2022

Greetings,
Been busy in the shop making cutting boards, sandwich boards and cell phone stands. I think I'm about at the end of the gift making for the rest of the year. Getting ready for some colder weather to come in later this week. I guess I need to make time to bring up some more firewood from behind the shop to the front porch for the woodstove for the next several days. Stay warm and healthy and may each of you have a good Christmas holiday weekend coming up.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.

Jim Becker
12-19-2022, 8:36 PM
So glad you're getting time in the shop, Dennis!

I got the windows and person door boxed, trimmed and painted in the new shop building and started on the air system. I hope I can move more gear soon; possibly early next week when we get a hard freeze which will help me avoid totally destroying the lawn in the process.

Cameron Wood
12-19-2022, 10:46 PM
Cold in the unheated shop. Tool chest upgrade as seen in 'workshops'. Some progress on a largish mirror frame- black oak, half lap joints. Sold jointer project to deserving younger homeowner fellow. Cut up a piece of madrone collected on a walk, & made a rustic wall hook from one of the off cuts. Exterior handrail for neighbor- mahogany, SS grab bar.

Paul F Franklin
12-20-2022, 11:13 AM
I got the top of my bookcase glued up and then cut to final size and sanded. Before I could do that I had to do a little refurb on my shop made panel clamps. I made them 30 years ago or so. At some point, I covered the rails with duct tape to keep glue from sticking. It worked well and lasted a long time but was getting a little ragged. Getting ancient duct tape off off the wood was not fun:mad:. I'll be using different tape and remove it after each use going forward. Got most of the parts sanded and started assembling the side frames. Managed to ruin one piece when I forgot to reset the depth on the domino and made 5 through mortises instead of 5 stopped mortises:rolleyes:. Fortunately, it was a simple part to remake.

Zachary Hoyt
12-20-2022, 2:21 PM
My past week's accomplishment on the house was making the doors for this cabinet I made the week before. The style is somewhere between rustic and nothing-in-particular, and it's made out of 1/2" "maple" ply (1/4" for the door panels) from Lowe's with cherry wood where needed. It's an eat in kitchen, as I think the real estate euphemism runs, and is 11'6"x15', so space efficiency is paramount. The cabinet is 8 feet high, 16" deep on the inside and 4' wide. This week I'm working on a hinged countertop to go above the chest freezer, and some shelves to go above that.