PDA

View Full Version : Adding a Harvey G-700 and Quick Clamp ducting to shop

Craig Hancock
12-19-2022, 7:24 PM
Hello All,
I have ordered but not yet recieved these two items. I am currently running a Rockler 1250 wall mount DC with a Dust Deputy seperator, all hoses are 4" flex from Rockler. Shop is 8x18 so no runs are very long but with 2x 4" ports on my table saw and a 5" port on Hammer A3-31 I needed more oomph in the flow. Someone needs to have a showroom set up that stocks and sells Dust Collection units. It would be impossible for 1,000 reasons but what a delight it would be to be able to visit a place and touch, feel and most importantly view in real time the differences in performance for Oneida, Clear Vue, Harvey and Laguna. There are more of course but I kept coming back to the first 3 on that list mostly. Went with Harvey as shop is small and absolutely no room for a CV, inside or out. Called and spoke to Oneida on the phone and was hoping a Supercell would work but was told I am in the "gray zone" for DC's. Ultimatley I choose Harvey for price, size and noise. If I can get good suction on both 4" table saw hoses and an improvement on the Hammer I will be very happy. Pics will surely follow.

Jim Becker
12-19-2022, 7:48 PM
You'll enjoy the G700, Craig. I went that way after many years running an Oneida cyclone because the "price was right" and it will fit well into my new shop building. I also switched to quick connect when I setup the temporary gara-shop last summer and couldn't be happier

Craig Hancock
12-19-2022, 10:51 PM
Jim,

I read your posts about the unit, amongst 1,000’s of others. From the time I wrote the original post and now I have received an email saying unit has shipped. That’s quick. Thanks for the good wishes, I’m hopeful it’s what I want and need.

Jim Becker
12-20-2022, 9:24 AM
Yea, they turn around the orders pretty quick. I was surprised at how fast I received my order. The LTL driver I was awarded with was nice upon delivery, too...he was actually a woodworker and was interested in what was in the crate. :)