PDA

View Full Version : Connector bolts

Sam Puhalovich
12-18-2022, 10:00 PM
If anyone knows of a place where to buy connector bolts in the color shown ... NOT bronze or black ... please advise. I'll be using them to assemble pine-material benches and would rather that they not stand-out.

Paul F Franklin
12-18-2022, 10:49 PM
Those look like yellow zinc plated...Amazon has them in a few sizes, mostly metric. They also have some brass and nickel plated.

Patty Hann
12-18-2022, 11:05 PM
Yep. Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Hard-Find-Fastener-014973445775-Connector/dp/B00KM4P00E

Mel Fulks
12-18-2022, 11:09 PM
I think those threads , are too fine for pine. Long wind up ,for quick rip out. Go coarser .

Jamie Buxton
12-18-2022, 11:53 PM
Look out...You can buy things called connector bolts, and you can buy things called connector screws. Both have that big flat head, and the hex drive. Connector bolts have metal threading, like 1/4-20. Connector screws have wood screw threads. The posted pic looks like it might be a connector screw.

Sam Puhalovich
12-19-2022, 6:06 AM
I'm looking for BOLTS that I'll be using with INSERT NUTS ... not threading into the pine. I've used a few hundred of the bronze type bolts with barrel nuts that I bought from Lee Valley. I've spent a lot-of-time looking at what comes-up on Amazon ... then going to the various 'brand' sites that display the color that I'm looking for. Typically that color is available in 1" - 1 1/2" lengths. When I go to the lengths that I'm looking for ... the color changes to black or bronze. The exception being the stainless steel versions.

Nick Lazz
12-19-2022, 7:14 AM
I'm looking for BOLTS that I'll be using with INSERT NUTS ... not threading into the pine. I've used a few hundred of the bronze type bolts with barrel nuts that I bought from Lee Valley. I've spent a lot-of-time looking at what comes-up on Amazon ... then going to the various 'brand' sites that display the color that I'm looking for. Typically that color is available in 1" - 1 1/2" lengths. When I go to the lengths that I'm looking for ... the color changes to black or bronze. The exception being the stainless steel versions.

How about this Sam...

https://www.mcfeelys.com/search/?q=connecting%20bolts

Sam Puhalovich
12-19-2022, 9:16 AM
That's great, Nick ... thank you ... that's the 'solution' that I've been looking for. McFeely's popped-up in several search-screens; yet, when I would go there ... that screen never presented. The SMC 'collective' does-it-again ... :) ...

Bill Dufour
12-19-2022, 1:45 PM
Those look like yellow zinc plated...Amazon has them in a few sizes, mostly metric. They also have some brass and nickel plated.
Maybe zinc chromate plating?
Bill D

Wes Grass
12-20-2022, 12:13 PM
Pointless technical 'point'.

They're both 'screws'. They can be threaded into a tapped hole, wood, or used with a nut.

A 'bolt' has to be used with a nut, like a carriage bolt, or u-bolt.

One of them is a 'machine screw', the other a 'wood screw' ... 'lag screw' ...