PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Blade Guide Help

Kory Watson
12-12-2022, 11:25 PM
Picked up my new bandsaw and noticed that the blade guide isn't square with the table. Is this pretty typical or is something off on my new machine?

Thanks.

Michael Burnside
12-12-2022, 11:28 PM
What brand/model? Mine is adjustable in such cases and I suspect yours is too but how varies by saw.

Kory Watson
12-12-2022, 11:29 PM
What brand/model? Mine is adjustable in such cases and I suspect yours is too but how varies by saw.

This is a laguna 14BX. I couldn't figure out how to adjust this part of the guide but I'm open to suggestions. I'm sure there's some way to do it...

Doug Garson
12-13-2022, 2:11 AM
I'm assuming it is out of plumb front to back? Just a guess but if the blade is also not plumb to the table, the solution may be to shim the table.

glenn bradley
12-13-2022, 5:03 AM
Squaring the table is part of my normal alignment process on a bandsaw although skipped by many. More important if you plan to use the fence or miter gauge. I notice the 14bx manual doesn't even seem to cover feed path alignment :confused:. I square the table to the blade perpendicularly and in relation to the travel path since I use the fence and gauge quite a bit. There is a large camp that compensate for drift by altering the fence with any blade change. I just take a little time to align the tool and swap blades with impunity throughout their useful life :). This is an easy fix. Loosen the trunnion screws / bolts and align the table. I have a thread on this on here somewhere.

Lee Schierer
12-13-2022, 7:41 AM
Squaring the table is part of my normal alignment process on a bandsaw although skipped by many. More important if you plan to use the fence or miter gauge. I notice the 14bx manual doesn't even seem to cover feed path alignment :confused:. I square the table to the blade perpendicularly and in relation to the travel path since I use the fence and gauge quite a bit. There is a large camp that compensate for drift by altering the fence with any blade change. I just take a little time to align the tool and swap blades with impunity throughout their useful life :). This is an easy fix. Loosen the trunnion screws / bolts and align the table. I have a thread on this on here somewhere.

I struggled with cuts on my band saw until I aligned the table and miter slot to the blade. I used the method described in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNdrkmx6ehI). Changing blades and getting straight cuts when resawing is no longer a problem for me.

Kory Watson
12-13-2022, 9:32 AM
The blade is plumb, just not the guides...

Wes Grass
12-13-2022, 8:23 PM
Track the blade on the wheels. Align the guides to the blade. Align the table to the blade.

Don't center the steering wheel on your car before doing an alignment.