PDA

View Full Version : Dark Sky weather app ending 12/31

Paul Saffold
12-12-2022, 2:53 PM
Any recommendations for app to replace Dark Sky on smart phones? I learned about it here on SMC and have liked it better than any others. I don't like weather.com. The Dark Sky is being offered as an Apple app but reviews there don't look so good.

Suggestions welcome.

Bruce Page
12-12-2022, 3:00 PM
I haven’t found anything as good as Dark Sky and haven’t looked at the Apple buy-out version yet. In the meantime, I’ve been using the Yahoo Weather app.

Paul Saffold
12-13-2022, 8:12 AM
Thanks Bruce. I take a look at it.

Dwayne Watt
12-13-2022, 9:01 AM
WeatherBug is OK. The free version has a few ads. They are not obtrusive, but you get what you pay for.
My better half uses Dark Sky. We both get rain, heat, cold, and fog at the same time despite which app is used. Oh, yeah, the apps tend to agree about the weather forecasts as well.

Clark Hussey
12-13-2022, 11:03 AM
I’ve been using the apple weather app, for a few weeks now..After using dark sky since it came out. I really don’t see any difference between the two. Except for the format. My weather alerts come from both apps at about the same time.

ChrisA Edwards
12-13-2022, 2:13 PM
Same as Clark, used Dark Sky for about three+ years. Now i use the Weather app, which i believe morph'd from Dark Sky.

Has all the same info, at least for my needs, as the original Dark Sky.

Roger Feeley
12-13-2022, 2:27 PM
I use Weather Underground because my backyard weather station can contribute. KVAFALLS98

Paul Saffold
12-13-2022, 8:48 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm pleased to hear that the Apple version is so similar to Dark Sky. I will try it as see.