PDA

View Full Version : Big brother is watching...thanks for the help Amazon

Silas Smith
01-26-2006, 1:43 PM
In my pathetic attempt to purchase tools at a discount, I called and ordered the Delta DRUM (thanks for the correction guys) sander from amazon trying to use every discount under the sun. Unfortunately, I could not combine the $100 off Delta and $150 off a $750 order. It did give me $100 off $750 though so I guess $200 isn't bad.

While ordering, I was trying to explain what I was trying to do with the discounts and the guy on the other end said "I know, I read your post on Sawmill Creek". I guess it is encouraged for them to monitor the various woodworking sites so they know what their customers are saying. BTW, he is a woodworker too. I guess Amazon isn't getting too big to care about us here. Now if we could just get a focus group discount.... Oh yeah, I still need another code for the 15" planer. I don't know how much longer the promo will last but I have reason to believe it will end in the next 3-4 days so help please!

To the Amazon guys, keep up the good work although I don't believe you actually get paid to surf the net, what's a guy got to do to get a gig like that?

Homer Faucett
01-26-2006, 2:09 PM
In my pathetic attempt to purchase tools at a discount, I called and ordered the Delta DRUM (thanks for the correction guys) sander from amazon trying to use every discount under the sun. Unfortunately, I could not combine the $100 off Delta and $150 off a $750 order. It did give me $100 off $750 though so I guess $200 isn't bad.

While ordering, I was trying to explain what I was trying to do with the discounts and the guy on the other end said "I know, I read your post on Sawmill Creek". I guess it is encouraged for them to monitor the various woodworking sites so they know what their customers are saying. BTW, he is a woodworker too. I guess Amazon isn't getting too big to care about us here. Now if we could just get a focus group discount.... Oh yeah, I still need another code for the 15" planer. I don't know how much longer the promo will last but I have reason to believe it will end in the next 3-4 days so help please!

To the Amazon guys, keep up the good work although I don't believe you actually get paid to surf the net, what's a guy got to do to get a gig like that?

Okay, so does that mean that the one time use coupon for $100 off a $500 order can't be combined with the $150 off $750 promo they are doing now? And we can't combine the free shipping coupon with that?

If that's the case, I think I'll take my trailer with me when I go to Rockler this weekend, and just buy my BS outright, take it home, and not hassle with the shipping--especially since Rockler's price is already $150 below the Amazon price, and they have a 10% promo going on now. But that makes my decision on Powermatic vs. Jet a little more difficult.:confused:

Lee DeRaud
01-26-2006, 2:11 PM
Just guessing: they applied the Delta $100 discount first, which moved the price below the threshold for the $150 Amazon discount.

Silas Smith
01-26-2006, 2:32 PM
Actually, both promos are not supposed to be combinable (is that a word?) There is a glitch on their site where the first $100 is automatically applied and then you would have to put in the code to get the next $50, which is not allowed. Homer, if this put you in the Rockler camp, why not help a brother out and send me your codes :)

Homer Faucett
01-26-2006, 2:43 PM
Actually, both promos are not supposed to be combinable (is that a word?) There is a glitch on their site where the first $100 is automatically applied and then you would have to put in the code to get the next $50, which is not allowed. Homer, if this put you in the Rockler camp, why not help a brother out and send me your codes :)

If I could, I would! I've been begging for some codes, too. I think my wife may have accidentally (and I believe her) threw away those codes. I spent some time looking through the usual places that my mail gets dropped last night, and couldn't find it. If I do find it, though, it's yours.