PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly has gone REALLY upscale!!!!!

Mark Rios
01-26-2006, 1:29 PM
I just went to Amazons website and clicked on the power tools page and lo and behold.....Grizzly was back listed again. BUT they seem to have increased theri prices a bit. The price for a G1023?.......

$5,000,000.00 (no kidding, actual listed price)

Then, I went back to another power tools page and POOF!!!, not there anymore.

But in the left hand "Brands" list there, at the bottom, was a Brand name listed as (no joke) " Craftsman Contractors Series heavey dutyStarbucks".?.?.?

Maybe there are going through a server update of change. Just thought it was funny.:D :D :D

John sexton
01-26-2006, 2:17 PM
Sorry Mark you are out of luck I got the last one they had at that price.:)

Mark Rios
01-26-2006, 2:51 PM
Dang...and I just had my credit card out too.:D :D :D

I did call both Grizzly and Amazon to try to find out what is going on. Grizzly customer service rep said that she knew nothing about it (hmmmmmmm......). Amazon CS rep said that Grizzly is deciding whether or not to continue to sell on Amazon. So what is the real story????? Only Mr. Balolia can/will tell.:confused: :confused: :confused:

John Hemenway
01-26-2006, 3:03 PM
Mark, the most amazing thing in your last post is you found a number for CS at Amazon!
You must have the secret decoder ring and know the secret hand shake! :)

Mark Rios
01-26-2006, 3:06 PM
lol

I've been dealing with them for a REAL long time.

BTW: 1-800-201-7575

Sometimes you get someone though that you might have a hard time understanding. But only sometimes.

Jay T. Marlin
01-26-2006, 3:14 PM
Mark, the most amazing thing in your last post is you found a number for CS at Amazon!
You must have the secret decoder ring and know the secret hand shake! :)
Yeah, it used to be impossible to find. I heard that AOL's cancellations department had an impossible to find number as well... not that a whole lot of sympathy should be given to AOL members.... :D

In any case, Google has changed things. Search "Amazon 800 number" and you get the same number that Mark listed. I wonder how much money Amazon has saved over the last few years by avoiding toll-free calls? Possibly enough to offset a large portion of their free shipping.

Dave Lehnert
01-26-2006, 4:18 PM
FYI

I had to call Amazon today about an order. If you go to the help page you can click on a link so they will call you, You type in your phone number and hit send. They called me back so fast I still had my hand on the mouse. No kidding they called 5 seconds after I entered my phone number on the web help page. When you select “call me right now” they mean RIGHT NOW
Not sure where you think they are saving money by not having an 800 number listed. Cant get any more free than they call you.

Jim Becker
01-26-2006, 4:55 PM
And as to what Dave describes...it's less expensive than maintaining a toll free number, too. By a long shot over time. Toll free is quite expensive on a per-minute basis, especially compared to the 2-3 cents per minute that larger corporations pay for LD. What is happening here is that you provide the number which the contact center dials directly from your input...faster than you can get your hand off the rodent!