PDA

View Full Version : I CAN See the Forest for the Trees!

Walter Mooney
12-10-2022, 11:04 AM

The smallest one is about 5” (125mm) tall and the tallest is about 13” (330mm) tall. The darkest ones are all mesquite, the two wider ones in the back left are fig, the lighter-colored ones are honey locust, and the wider one in the back right is post oak, from the firewood pile.
Happy Holidays to all!

Robert Hayward
12-10-2022, 12:43 PM
Nice job Walter. What are you going to do with them?

Walter Mooney
12-11-2022, 10:56 AM
Robert, sorry for the delayed response. They’re all going to family members as early Christmas gifts so they can be displayed this year. Wife, daughter, son, MIL, sister and two nieces. I turned four others after the photo was taken!

Maurice Mcmurry
12-11-2022, 12:11 PM
Those are really great. We just had our first annual neighborhood Christmas Home-craft and Art Stroll. One Lady does ceramic ferry garden cottages. Her tiny cottages definitely need a forrest around them. I will send her a snip of yours.
P.S. We love the Neil Young quote! It is nice to have yet another reason to smile when After The Gold Rush gets played (which is often).

Walter Mooney
12-13-2022, 10:25 AM
Those are really great. We just had our first annual neighborhood Christmas Home-craft and Art Stroll. One Lady does ceramic ferry garden cottages. Her tiny cottages definitely need a forrest around them. I will send her a snip of yours.
P.S. We love the Neil Young quote! It is nice to have yet another reason to smile when After The Gold Rush gets played (which is often).

Thanks Maurice. I’m a big Neil Young fan. It seemed (to me) to be a great signature for those, like me, who consider turning an affliction or addiction (both?). Turning could never bring me down, and being around turners and turnings always makes me happy!

Happy Holidays!

Maurice Mcmurry
12-14-2022, 6:58 PM
Another adorable miniature that would be at home in your lovely woods are the "Bcorn's" Our daughter just sent us a link to the Bcorn guy, Its neat and speaks to me because one of my turning mentors creates great acorn Christmas ornaments.

David M Bird - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/@davidmbird)