PDA

View Full Version : Baroque

Bruce Jones
12-09-2022, 2:07 PM
This partly segmented piece is made from Curly Maple and Ribbon Sapele. The base bowl section was first turned, then hand carved with 16 flutes. There is a 1/8" layer of curly Maple in between the bowl and foot that has a bead turned in to it. After carving the outer bowl section the piece went back on the lathe to turn the rim that had been turned previously to match the bowls angle and glued onto the bowl . Then the design was hand drawn and hand carved into the rim. The piece finished at 13 1/2" D 5" Tall. The final finish is satin lacquer.

Dave Mount
12-09-2022, 2:12 PM
Impressive as always. If I tried that pierced carved ring, my piece would not be named "baroque" but plain old "broke".

Best,

Dave

John Kananis
12-09-2022, 3:51 PM
Loving the final piece. Really nice work - as always.

Tim Elett
12-09-2022, 5:39 PM
Beautiful work!

Frederick Skelly
12-09-2022, 5:54 PM
That came out great. I like it alot!

Robert Hayward
12-10-2022, 12:46 PM
Extremely nice piece of workmanship!

Bernie Kopfer
12-10-2022, 1:17 PM
I am always awed by beautiful work such as this! I used to aspire to create at this level until it finally sunk in that I have neither the skill nor the patience to turn out beauty at this level. It is great to have the Bruce Jones of this world To inspire us and delight us with their talent and sense of beauty. Thank you

Bruce Jones
12-11-2022, 1:21 PM
I am always awed by beautiful work such as this! I used to aspire to create at this level until it finally sunk in that I have neither the skill nor the patience to turn out beauty at this level. It is great to have the Bruce Jones of this world To inspire us and delight us with their talent and sense of beauty. Thank youThank you everyone for all of the nice comments and for following along.

John K Jordan
12-11-2022, 3:34 PM
FANTASTIC!!

(I assume this is not gonna be my Christmas present this year 😁😅😂)

JKJ

Brian Tymchak
12-11-2022, 5:41 PM
Incredible work Bruce! Congrats on a stunning piece. Seems like that piece should be entered in some shows.

Bruce Jones
12-12-2022, 2:01 PM
Thank you John, Brian and everyone else. This piece seems to be well received on most sites and places I've posted it. Brian maybe one day I'll be invited to have a show to display my works in an appropriate venue.