PDA

View Full Version : Rikon 14” Bandsaw - SNJ Philadelphia Area

Russell Shelly
12-08-2022, 8:03 PM
I’ve once again found myself with too many bandsaws, so I’m selling my Rikon 14” Standard bandsaw. It is the version that uses 93-1/2” blades and has a 6” resaw cap. It’s in really nice shape, No rust anywhere, even on its oversized cast iron table. The bigger table (compared to other 14” saws) is actually why I decided to part with this one rather than my Delta. I just don’t have the room for three floor standing bandsaws, and the Delta tucks in closer to the wall than this one, now that I made a new base for it.

This Rikon has a 1 HP fully enclosed motor. It has two dust collection ports (a 4 and 2 inch) but I used the smaller one alone most of the time and it collects at least 85% of the dust with the shop vac alone. Obviously with my DC hooked up it gets nearly all of it. It’s also on the factory cabinet stand, which has plenty of room for storage. It has a fence, but honestly it’s not nearly as nice as the fence on my new Rikon deluxe. The blades track perfectly and the saw doesn’t need anything. I’m pretty meticulous with machine maintenance since that’s a big part of my day job. It’s a sound machine. I just need the room back. I just replaced all of the wheel bearings and guide bearing on Sunday. I also put a new belt on it while I had the lower wheel off. I checked the motor bearings but they didn’t exhibit any signs of wear whatsoever so I did not change those. Every other bearing, however, is brand new. I just this listed on marketplace for $550, but I will give it to one of you at a healthy discount. I’m asking $475 from a creeker and I’ll throw in a the brand new 3/8” 3-4tpi Starrett blade I put on it on Sunday. Make an offer. I always entertain offers and trades as well.

Send me a PM if you want a couple more pictures. I’m located in Haddon Heights NJ. 08035 about five minutes from the Walt Whitman or Ben Franklin Bridges.