PDA

View Full Version : FS - LN No. 112 Large Scraper Plane

John Keeton
12-05-2022, 10:32 AM
This is a discontinued plane for LN, as is the 212 small scraper plane. Both of these planes have an adjustable frog.

LN has announced they intend to make the 85 in the near future, but it is smaller than the 112, has a fixed frog and a 2" blade width. The last listed price for the 85 is $215, but who knows what the price will be when the new batch is available or when that might be.

If you want to be able to adjust the frog angle to get the best results for the wood you are using the 112 and the 212 are the only LN scraper planes so equipped.

As I recall the last 112 that recently sold on SMC went for $300 with no box. This one comes with the box and paperwork and is $300 shipped.

Payment by personal check (preferred) or Zelle. If you don't like the plane when it arrives, ship it back and owe me nothing.

John Keeton
12-05-2022, 12:33 PM
Though this plane is not listed in the currently available planes, it has been pointed out to me that if one searches their site for the 112, LN states that it is "...temporarily out of production and unavailable until further notice." It is worth noting that it has been unavailable for some time and at the point it became unavailable the price was $285, plus shipping and sales tax putting it above my asking price of $300 shipped.

I suppose, since LN owns the casting molds, design patents, and controls production no plane is every truly "discontinued!" So, to that end, my apologies if my post is deceptive in any way.

Whatever the case, it seems that if you want a 112 the secondary market is the only current source. On the other hand, you can wait out LN to see if they will again manufacture this plane. And, if they do, hope that the 8% plus inflation doesn't cause a significant increase in price beyond the $285 that was listed when it went out of production in 2020 due to Covid.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding. My price still stands as stated.

John Keeton
12-07-2022, 11:47 AM
Price reduced to $290 shipped.

John Keeton
12-08-2022, 5:47 AM
Final price reduction - $280 shipped. I noticed this morning that Jim Bode posted a 112 and it sold quickly at $385.

If there is no interest I will keep this one. Thanks for looking.

Rick Bambauer
12-12-2022, 1:55 PM
I'd like to buy it. PM sent.

John Keeton
12-12-2022, 3:23 PM
Sold to Rick!!