PDA

View Full Version : LED Light Strips - Outside

Bill George
11-29-2022, 1:19 PM
For years I had the color changing with a remote LED lights on my front porch and they finally gave up the ghost. I ordered new off Amazon and they came with everything I needed, however I noted they only had LEDs every 2 or 3 inches vs the old at every 1 inch. I installed just thinking, well maybe that's the way it is.... wrong new lights are outputting much less bright than the old.

Anyone have a suggestion?

I need 32 ft and they are outside but covered over by the porch. Need to have the ones I can change color as I want.

Derek Meyer
11-29-2022, 2:40 PM
From the research I did when looking at these, there are two types of strip lights available. The standard strips typically have lights every 3" or so. There is also a high-density strip, which have lights about every 1 1/2 inches. I bought the high density strips for my undercabinet light project as I wanted a more even distribution of light.

I looked at several manufacturers, and most of them had both types of strips available.

Paul F Franklin
11-29-2022, 3:24 PM
They're probably not the cheapest, but superbrightleds has a good selection of rgb outdoor led strips. I've bought a lot of stuff from them (but no rgb outdoor lights) and have always been pleased.

John Ziebron
11-29-2022, 10:47 PM
I agree with Paul. After many years of trials and tribulation with LED strips the only ones I buy now are from Superbrightleds.

Jason Roehl
11-30-2022, 5:14 AM
Are you talking about LED strips, or string lights, since we’re in that season?

Bill George
11-30-2022, 7:28 AM
Are you talking about LED strips, or string lights, since we’re in that season?

String lights and I checked out the Super Bright LED website and it seems they carry the good stuff. Its now turned winter here in Iowa, so I will get those done for next year. Thanks for the help folks!!