PDA

View Full Version : magnifying glass holder

Jack Wood
01-25-2006, 11:28 PM
I have several large magnifying lenses that I would like to make holders for by turning a frame for them but can't find plans for anything like that. In a movie set in the 19th century I saw one that had a neat gear system to raise and lower it in to focus over an object, does anyone have a plan or know a source of a plan for anything similar or even close? THANKS!:)

John Hart
01-26-2006, 7:01 AM
This really surprised me Jack. This is what I am currently making for the Next IT Contest Example Project. Mine is one of those Fly-Tying rigs with a magnifying glass and alligator clips. I'm sorta winging it without plans but it's going pretty well so far. I doubt that it is as intricate as what you're talking about but I do think it is a very classy project.

Mike Ramsey
01-26-2006, 8:47 AM
Uh Oh John, someone in your camp must have leaked your project
to the press!!

Jack Wood
01-26-2006, 9:03 AM
After the contest is over John maybe you can post a picture for us. Good Luck!:)

John Hart
01-26-2006, 9:31 AM
It's the project that I'll be posting for as an example for the contest so I'll have it up next Tuesday night (When Mike Ramsey is sleeping);)

That is....if it's worthy of taking pictures!:o

Jack Wood
01-26-2006, 6:38 PM
John, considering the stuff I've seen you post before I'm sure that it will be worthy of posting!:)