PDA

View Full Version : Generac Adventure

Tom Bender
11-24-2022, 5:23 PM
Yesterday evening the power went out, on the eve of Thanksgiving when pies were going into ovens etc. Big day planned today. Some consternation around the hood.

Anyway, we have a generator so not much to worry about, except it chose that time to fail. 'Low oil pressure' No complaints, it has been perfect for 8 years, it has about 200 hours so pretty much like new condition. Had to find an online tutorial to find out how to reset for another try. The manual is a little thin. I could not find a control schematic by dim flashlight and couldn't find one on line.

There was a little oil dripping from the switch so it was an easy fix, except a switch was not at hand. A plug and a jumper wire didn't get it going either. Well it would run for 20 seconds then shut down, as it should. Time to give up.

This morning I took another look. In the daylight I spied NC on the switch. DOH. Unplugged the jumper and it ran perfectly all day. The power came back on today before dark so we're all good.

So I guess my only complaint is about the lack of a control schematic. Anyone have one? Generac 16 kw natural gas with whole house transfer switch, and not internet connected.

Roger Feeley
11-24-2022, 7:30 PM
Tom,
whatare NC and DOH?

Steve Jenkins
11-24-2022, 9:10 PM
Tom,
whatare NC and DOH?
NC is normally closed. Doh think of the simpsons

John Stankus
11-24-2022, 9:48 PM
Tom,
whatare NC and DOH?

NC is normally closed for the switch rather than NO normally open on the switch DOH is a quote from the great Homer Simpson regarding realizing that you have done something simple completely backward

John