PDA

View Full Version : grizzly wood mill

jay potter
01-25-2006, 8:04 PM
Wondering if any one has or has used a grizzly wood mill G9977. i thought this looks like an interesting idea for safely shaping small pieces.

Keith Outten
01-26-2006, 2:01 AM
Jay,

I have been looking at Grizzly's wood mill in their catalog for years. It sure looks like a nice machine, I hope someone will be able to provide some insight.

Barry O'Mahony
01-26-2006, 2:11 AM
You beat me to it. I was just looking at that in the new catalog and was going to post a similar message. 'looks like a very interesting concept:

http://images.grizzly.com/grizzlycom/pics/jpeg500/G/G9977.jpg

Michael Ballent
01-26-2006, 2:37 AM
You know what guys, I will take one for the team and I hearby volunteer for Grizzly to send one to my house and I will review it for you guys :D

Rick Lizek
01-26-2006, 7:28 AM
RPM is kinda slow for shaping wood on the Grizzly mill. Look at pin routers. Kinda of replaced in the industry by CNC but for small shops and hobbyists the pin router is the most versatile. You use clamping fixtures to hold and guide small parts. Probably one of the most unknown and least understood machines for the hobbyist. Changing the guide pin in reference to the size bit in used yields different rabbets and step that would be more complcated to do other ways.

Andy Hoyt
01-26-2006, 7:52 AM
I needed a dedicated machine for cutting tons of small slot mortises. Don't recall if this one crossed my bows or not. I ended up with the G1005Z, and have been most pleased with it.