PDA

View Full Version : Material sampling files or techniques used to sample new materials help

Harry Radaza
01-25-2006, 7:52 PM
I remember reading somewhere (creek or elsewhere) a technique to QUICKLY get close to the desired settings of a new material. It consisted of making a file with boxes (16 ?) with different shades of gray from lightest to darkest. printing this you would then approximate and adjust your power settings according to the percentage of gray. I'm not sure but that's what I remember.

I am confronted Daily with NEW MATERIALS and finding settings for them seems to consume almost half a days work. Can any of you share your material testing files or point me in the right direction (via a link on the web) to help me out? We deal a lot with wood, shells (polished and raw) and acrylic.

thank you very much

William Desrochers
01-26-2006, 7:34 AM
I remember reading somewhere (creek or elsewhere) a technique to QUICKLY get close to the desired settings of a new material. It consisted of making a file with boxes (16 ?) with different shades of gray from lightest to darkest. printing this you would then approximate and adjust your power settings according to the percentage of gray. I'm not sure but that's what I remember.

I am confronted Daily with NEW MATERIALS and finding settings for them seems to consume almost half a days work. Can any of you share your material testing files or point me in the right direction (via a link on the web) to help me out? We deal a lot with wood, shells (polished and raw) and acrylic.

thank you very much

It would be more helpful, if you could tell us what kind of machine you have & wattage?

Will

Harry Radaza
01-26-2006, 10:56 AM
universal versalaser vl300 50 watts!