PDA

View Full Version : Here’s a nice little hand tool kit for you

dennis thompson
11-21-2022, 7:38 AM
The Wall Street Journal has a list of suggested Christmas gifts. Included in this list is a hand toolkit with 24 pieces,screwdrivers, Allen wrenches,pliers,etc. all in a nice box.
Put your order in now before they run out!
Oh, I forgot to mention it’s only $2,850🤑

Frederick Skelly
11-21-2022, 8:52 AM
Man, must be NASA spaceship quality stuff at that price! (Or gold plated.)

Andrew More
11-21-2022, 11:37 AM
Mostly likely it's a status symbol via conspicuous consumption. I assume there are a number of subtle (and not so subtle) ways to signal that the buyer has paid nearly $3000?

Jim Koepke
11-21-2022, 5:19 PM
The name on it is Wohngeist, is that pronounced like wonky-est?

There really doesn't seem to be anything about this set to have one pay more than $100 per tool:

There isn't any Robertson bits or a nail puller.

Well, it looks like someone did clock the screws on the hinges. Though the bottom hinge looks like it is suffering from extra pressure so it is likely stamped and not a cast brass hinge.

Maybe P.T. Barnum was right, there is a sucker born every minute. (though he may have never actually said that)

It looks like people may have gobbled this one up like it was Thanksgiving's turkey dinner:

Did it really sell out or was it a joke? How many did they have to sell? How can I find those people to help make me rich?

jtk

Frederick Skelly
11-21-2022, 7:56 PM
I thought this might be like a neiman-marcus sort of "exclusive" gift price. But I googled wohngeist and that set is sold several places, at the same or higher price.

I dont get it.

Jim Koepke
11-21-2022, 8:05 PM
I dont get it.

Sadly, neither do the people who pay such an outlandish price for this tool kit.

jtk

Bruce Page
11-21-2022, 11:16 PM
C'mon guys, the pocket knife is worth a grand all by itself!

Bill Dufour
11-22-2022, 7:47 PM
If they use the tools only one time think of all the money they will save on home repairs.
Bill D