PDA

View Full Version : Yost Patternmaker's Vise, Issaquah WA

Charles ThompsonWA
11-20-2022, 5:32 PM
Yost Patternmaker's Vise.

This one has some damage, some of which is easy to deal with, but I'm not sure it all is. The moving jaw has a cracked section out of the top, as well as a cracked section in the middle. Both these can be covered by either a steel plate or a plywood sacrificial face without issue. More importantly, the mechanism to taper the jaws seems to work, but is loose. I think that inside the open spot in the center of the jaw the bearing surface to control jaw motion was damaged.

The handle pivot has a section cracked off (same as my other vise) but again seems perfectly functional. Even has what appears to be the original wood handle!

Includes appropriate tilt mechanism base/handle and bar. The bar has been bent, but could likely be bent back easy enough. The stainless hex cap screw is an aftermarket addition. For that BLING factor.:cool:

This is being sold as a parts vise, but it might be a user if the taper mechanism can be worked out. Photos below and more and at high resolution at the Google drive link.

Local pickup in Issaquah, WA for $200 or shipped for $300 plus actual shipping cost.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZAiDkGR8xbBIqy3_op2ILKlYkhMb9vcq

Charles ThompsonWA
11-29-2022, 11:45 AM
Someone must want this!

Make an offer?