PDA

View Full Version : Needlepoint Hand Plane

Dave Norris
11-19-2022, 6:34 PM
Hi Everyone,
An odd request, but is anyone aware of where I could get a needlepoint hand plane "kit" or pattern? My wife's grandmother is 91 and does a lot of needlepoint. Family members give her kits and preprinted table runners, doilies etc. I thought it might be nice to have her do a hand plane to have for in the shop or even in the office.

Any ideas from anyone thankfully accepted!

Thanks,
D

Richard Coers
11-19-2022, 6:53 PM
I know there are free needlepoint design software programs, but that's all I know. No idea about printing of the actual designing.

John K Jordan
11-19-2022, 7:04 PM
I know someone who needlepoints from photographs, first printing on paper with reduced saturation, identifying areas of similar color/contrast, then creates a pattern on fine graph paper. Seemed straight forward. The results were great, especially portraits of people.

Maybe something to try. You could end up with a needlepoint of your favorite plane!

Hi Everyone,
An odd request, but is anyone aware of where I could get a needlepoint hand plane "kit" or pattern? My wife's grandmother is 91 and does a lot of needlepoint. Family members give her kits and preprinted table runners, doilies etc. I thought it might be nice to have her do a hand plane to have for in the shop or even in the office.

Any ideas from anyone thankfully accepted!

Thanks,
D

Dave Norris
11-22-2022, 6:33 PM
Thanks Guys. I thought I might end up making it somehow. I'll check on software. It's what to make cross-stitches (an "x" I think) and what is a straight stitch that is the hard part.