PDA

View Full Version : Flip Stop Digital Reader

Joseph Mazey
11-15-2022, 9:08 PM
Curently own a Felder K3 Hammer and wondering if anyone has run across a digital reader for the cross cut bar. I know Felder makes one but at $1200 that is pretty pricey. Just seeing if there may be alternatives available at a more affordable price.

derek labian
11-15-2022, 9:10 PM
Lamb Tool works makes a nice aftermarket unit. (I don't have one but the parallel guides are very nice).

https://lambtoolworks.com/dro-flipstop

Mike King
11-15-2022, 9:23 PM
They aren't cheap. I have the Lamb on my Felder CF741 and can't imagine being without it.

Greg Quenneville
11-16-2022, 4:56 AM
Updating my ‘99 Felder BF-631 fence so that I can get digital stops is one of my priorities. Well, that and parallel guides for the slider.

Steve Wurster
11-16-2022, 7:42 AM
Lamb Tool works makes a nice aftermarket unit. (I don't have one but the parallel guides are very nice).

From the web page it looks like the Lamb units only fit the Felder extrusions, while the Hammer models have a different profile. That being said, Brian is a very resourceful fellow and might be able to adapt his unit to fit the Hammer extrusions. If anyone is interested I would suggest giving him a call.

Chris Parks
11-16-2022, 7:47 PM

AFAIK it does not fit the K3 fence. I lashed one up as an experiment but it was too clunky so it got removed and thinking continues. If you find an answer that does not cost nearly as much as the saw a lot of owners would be your friend.

derek labian
11-16-2022, 8:00 PM
AFAIK it does not fit the K3 fence. I lashed one up as an experiment but it was too clunky so it got removed and thinking continues. If you find an answer that does not cost nearly as much as the saw a lot of owners would be your friend.

:eek: A bot surprised, I just kind of figured the lines would have compatible parts.

Joseph Mazey
11-16-2022, 8:25 PM
I have a digital readout on the rip fence side. That I ordered from Proscale. They did not make it for the K3 but going back and forth with an engineer on measurements and pictures, they were able to fabricate one that fit. It cost me $550. I followed up with him and he said they have been able to get Italian part to make one for the flip stops and they sell for around $650. Problem I had was the reader was bulky and just think it is something waiting to be hit with a board and broken.

Chris Parks
11-16-2022, 8:26 PM
:eek: A bot surprised, I just kind of figured the lines would have compatible parts.

Nothing is that simple in the Felder world unfortunately. I must get back to looking at the problem, the Kipp lever clamping arrangement is the issue and I did print some mounts about 6 months ago and they are still sitting on the bench due to other projects.

Chris Parks
11-16-2022, 8:36 PM
I have a digital readout on the rip fence side. That I ordered from Proscale. They did not make it for the K3 but going back and forth with an engineer on measurements and pictures, they were able to fabricate one that fit. It cost me $550. I followed up with him and he said they have been able to get Italian part to make one for the flip stops and they sell for around $650. Problem I had was the reader was bulky and just think it is something waiting to be hit with a board and broken.

I fitted a Wixey many years ago to the rip fence and while not the greatest DRO it does the job, it was sitting unused after being removed from another saw and a user who no longer posts here worked out how to fit one to his saw so I copied what he had done. Others have since done the same for a low cost answer to the problem.