PDA

View Full Version : electrical problems with BF6-31 Felder combination machine

Carl Turshman
11-12-2022, 1:37 PM
I purchased a new Felder BF6-31 from Felder in 2000 built in 1999. The problem is when the machine is in jointer mode, tables down, nothing works. when the machine is in planer mode, tables up, everything works. When standing looking at the mortising unit, I've replaced the right limit switch and the mushroom stop switch. nothing changed. My owner's manual says there is another limit switch to the left of the mortising unit (probably for the dust hood), which I can't locate. Has anyone had a problem like mine, and what did you do?
Thanks for reading my problem.
Carl

Warren Lake
11-12-2022, 9:29 PM
you need to find Rod Sheridan. Hes super bright but dont tell him I said that.

Andrew Hughes
11-12-2022, 9:57 PM
I’ve had that problem before but not with a Felder machine. First I start cussing a lot. I used to be a roofer so I know all the words. If I stay frustrated long enough I will start cutting up random pieces of wood. Or file the point off a 16d nail.
Good Luck

Warren Lake
11-12-2022, 10:05 PM
ive rebuilt two roofs but I was using most of those words already. My neighbour is 91 and first time I heard some of them from her I started laughing.

Roofing was hard. Not ideal when your body doesnt like heights. Added bonus I could sand wood with my hands.

Andrew Hughes
11-12-2022, 10:43 PM
I liked roofing some of the jobs had spectacular views.
The was a 2 year project at the beach. 2 piece clay tile wire tie system.
My apologies to the op for high jacking your thread.
Good Luck

Jim OConnor
11-12-2022, 11:10 PM
Jump over to the Felder Owners Group and ask. Someone will know where that safety switch is.

Greg Quenneville
11-13-2022, 4:43 AM
Cal let me know if you need the parts manual.

Greg

Rod Sheridan
11-13-2022, 8:36 AM
Hi Carl, the first thing I would check is that whatever pushes on the dust hood limit switch when the jointer tables are down, is indeed pushing on the switch.

On most of our machines it’s a metal bracket which may have bent out of alignment.

If that isn’t the problem please provide the machine serial number and I’ll see if I can find the drawing……Regards, Rod

Rod Wolfy
11-13-2022, 11:45 PM
I bought a used BF6-31 in San Francisco area in 2003 & had it shipped on a pallet. When I got it, it was really rusted, one of the dovetail mounts under the jointer bed was cracked through & a Seimens switch was faulty. Felder still had all of the parts (including the machined cast iron for the dovetail) which had to be shipped from Austria. My guess would be that the Seimens switch on your machine went bad, like mine did. Back then it was like a $20 part, but made in Germany (?). I replaced it & it started right up. It was inside in a light gray colored plastic housing.